• Jared Barnett

Votes: 35 23.2%
  • Sam Richardson

Votes: 26 17.2%

• Total voters

Blandboy

Mar 31, 2006
Bettendorf
"Bland is a better word to describe what the estimated crowd of 5,000 fans saw at Jack Trice Stadium on Saturday afternoon"

And that's a problem why?

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
It bothers me than any qb these days who plays well at times but makes a ton of ****** boneheaded plays is referred to as brett favre.

Favre is an NFL HOF qb. For a reason...

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
It bothers me than any qb these days who plays well at times but makes a ton of ****** boneheaded plays is referred to as brett favre.

Favre is an NFL HOF qb. For a reason...

I know I have Packer fan friends that agreed with this characterization of Favre. And, yes, this was when Favre was still playing for the Pack. Honestly, I think I thought more of him at the time than they did.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
I would like to see Steele. He gives us a better chance to win. Plus he's rated higher in college football 2012. I kid
Obviously alot of Fanatics want him now too via the Poll. IMO I just would rather have the senior in there. Steele just gives us alot more than Barnett at the moment. I like JB, but he's not there yet. Steele isn't either, but is a much better QB at this point and I don't see that changing through fall camp.

RollsRoyce

Jul 6, 2011
Cedar Falls
Obviously alot of Fanatics want him now too via the Poll. IMO I just would rather have the senior in there. Steele just gives us alot more than Barnett at the moment. I like JB, but he's not there yet. Steele isn't either, but is a much better QB at this point and I don't see that changing through fall camp.

We need to find more dual threat quarterbacks for this offense.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
If Sam Richardson ends up winning the starting job in the future we are going to have to change the zone reads. Richardson will get ate alive trying to run the ball in the Big 12. He isn't that fast. We'd have to switch to being a pretty much pocket passing team.

RollsRoyce

Jul 6, 2011
Cedar Falls
If Sam Richardson ends up winning the starting job in the future we are going to have to change the zone reads. Richardson will get ate alive trying to run the ball in the Big 12. He isn't that fast. We'd have to switch to being a pretty much pocket passing team.

We change our offense according to the quarterback but it would be nice to find one that does both at least pretty well. Robert griffen was a low three star coming out. Imagine if we could find a guy like that.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
We change our offense according to the quarterback but it would be nice to find one that does both at least pretty well. Robert griffen was a low three star coming out. Imagine if we could find a guy like that.

I'm fairly certain we could find a low three star QB. :spinny:

CykoAGR

Dec 16, 2008
Waukee, IA
Im still torn on this. I didnt make it to the spring game but the happenings have been coverd here and by CW and CPR and staff so here is my take:

I understand both sides, SJ has that "it" factor, not afraid to take a risk for potential high reward or big mistake. He proved that he can win allbeit close in games that most would agree were "lesser" opponents. He is not Peyton Manning from a mental standpoint, probably never will be one that always makes the right read. He has the physical tools but the mental part of his game is what needs developed.

JB has the mental part down for the most part. He typically makes the right read but does not always have the physical tools to make the throw. One could also argue that he has that "it" factor in that he seems to find a way to keep the team in a position to win and can win the big game. Better at the read option than SJ but cant make the same plays in the passing game.

It sounds as if both have improved over the off season but neither enough to separate from the other.

I think with JB we are more methodical but slightly more effecient assuming that the Oline can play at or near the same level as last year (potential issue based on reports from spring game but taking this with a grain of salt because the D kinda knows whats coming). If this is the case we dont need to have the big explosive plays (although these are always a plus, always), just pound the ball with the run/read option and short to intermediate passes.

Gun to my head today JB gets the nod, although I will be 100% behind whichever one wins the battle and any decision to make a switch. CPR and staff have proven that they are going to make the right call to get this team a win.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
Im still torn on this. I didnt make it to the spring game but the happenings have been coverd here and by CW and CPR and staff so here is my take:

I understand both sides, SJ has that "it" factor, not afraid to take a risk for potential high reward or big mistake. He proved that he can win allbeit close in games that most would agree were "lesser" opponents. He is not Peyton Manning from a mental standpoint, probably never will be one that always makes the right read. He has the physical tools but the mental part of his game is what needs developed.

JB has the mental part down for the most part. He typically makes the right read but does not always have the physical tools to make the throw. One could also argue that he has that "it" factor in that he seems to find a way to keep the team in a position to win and can win the big game. Better at the read option than SJ but cant make the same plays in the passing game.

It sounds as if both have improved over the off season but neither enough to separate from the other.

I think with JB we are more methodical but slightly more effecient assuming that the Oline can play at or near the same level as last year (potential issue based on reports from spring game but taking this with a grain of salt because the D kinda knows whats coming). If this is the case we dont need to have the big explosive plays (although these are always a plus, always), just pound the ball with the run/read option and short to intermediate passes.

Gun to my head today JB gets the nod, although I will be 100% behind whichever one wins the battle and any decision to make a switch. CPR and staff have proven that they are going to make the right call to get this team a win.
I would rather have big explosive plays than a QB that just likes to throw 5 yard passes. You never know when Steele will bust out a 55 yard run or a 60 yard pass for a TD. I like that. He makes it fun.

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011

Does anyone know if Rohach is a runner? He was praised for his passing during the Elite Eleven recap video but they don't really do anything to show off your other skills outside of passing.

CykoAGR

Dec 16, 2008
Waukee, IA
I would rather have big explosive plays than a QB that just likes to throw 5 yard passes. You never know when Steele will bust out a 55 yard run or a 60 yard pass for a TD. I like that. He makes it fun.

I agree SJ makes it fun, dramatic comebacks 4th and forever completions etc are great. I would gladly settle for JB if he is more consistent and less flashy.

I think JB could have potentially had a bit better production if our Oline didnt continually get penalized for false starts etc because he struggles when a long conversion was needed.