Where does Iowa go now?

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
They have a QB situation for sure. I guess their extra work for ISU did pay off. This is the best game they played against ISU in a long time. I am still not blown over how good they are. ISU has issues and is not very good just yet. Iowa did not go out and dominate ISU. Sure they only allowed 3 pts but ISU blew a lot of chances. They only scored 10 points on O so that problem isnt solved yet either. They maybe better than last year but they sure have some issues. They will prob have a winning record an go to a bowl game, but they have a lot of work to do. Congrats on the win Iowa fans.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Both teams have a lot to work on.

It's really hard to judge this game, because of the HORRID field situation. I mean, there were so many times where holes would open up for both teams, and the RB would just slip.

The biggest things to work on for both teams are penalties. There is no reason why either team should have as many drives killed off by penalties as Iowa and ISU did today.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Either we're a LOT better than anyone thought, or Iowa's got a lot to iron out before the Big 10 season starts as the rest of their opponents aren't FIU-quality either.

My bet is on the probably 70% on the latter and 30% on the former.

hippiehawk

Jan 26, 2007
I think Iowa almost certainly wins going away with a decent QB. Unfortunately, we don't have one and the problem isn't going to go away.

McNutt is the savior, obviously...

uro cy

Oct 28, 2006
I think they are putting away their Stanzi for Heisman shirts, and looking for the JC ones :skeptical: