Whats the best stadium you have been

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Colorado or OU for road games... pretty cool.

Pro:
Indoor -- US BANK
Outdoor -- Arrowhead

Old Soldier Field was a dump.

Reactions: StClone

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Really strange to see so many people say Kinnick.

I've been there numerous times and have never had a good experience, even the times when ISU has won there. The whole experience is just not good IMO. No parking, no space to sit with seats about 8 inches apart, not friendly at all, etc, etc.

I think most of us have been there and it's not bad. You wouldn't get as many "Carver" if you asked about basketball. If they were being honest and we asked this on an Iowa board about basketball a lot of them would probably say Hilton for the same reasons.

For football games I don't mind parking a ways away and walking or getting a shuttle...it's usually an entire day thing for me anyway. For basketball on a cold night their parking situation absolutely sucks.

I grew up an Iowa fan and until I left the midwest I would always meet my dad there for a game once a year even as I became a huge cyclone fan.

I definitely prefer the entire campus, stadium and town to Nebraska by far and I've been to five Nebraska games including when they were national champion caliber.

I haven't been to a game at Wisconsin but I've been inside the stadium and I can tell it would be pretty elite. I went to a few events at Soldier Field in Chicago post spaceship landing and while the location and surrounding area is A+ the stadium/atmosphere itself is less than modern form JTS/Kinnick.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
Call me stupid, but in the "small stadium" category, I've always had War Memorial Stadium on my bucket list of ones to visit. Home of the Wyoming Cowboys, with all the evergreen trees beyond both end zones, the beautiful Montana sky, I'd often choose to use Wyoming back in the days of playing NCAA College Football on the Playstation. Gawd, I miss that game!
If someone has already said Luther College in Decorah on an early October Saturday, my apologies

Reactions: khardbored

cyputz

Jul 26, 2006
Wembley Stadium, hardly saw the match - to busy looking around. Been years back, and did not know the game, however a few colleagues wanted to take me while visiting England on business.
Very awesome.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Considering it’s the same basic design, WVU’s stadium feels like a home away from home.
Loved our time tailgating at WVU, people were shocked we had came from Iowa to go to the game, very willing to give you food and drink, very beautiful area of the country to watch a game.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Colorado or OU for road games... pretty cool.

Pro:
Indoor -- US BANK
Outdoor -- Arrowhead

Old Soldier Field was a dump.
Joke's on you, New Soldier Field is also a dump.

SoFi and the Death Star are, by far and away, the nicest I've ever been in. I have not been to JerryWorld but I'm sure it's comparable. US Bank is nice, it just feels a whole lot more cramped and smaller.

As for college, give me Ohio Stadium and Bryant-Denney. Montana and South Dakota State have beautiful FCS venues.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Notre Dame vs USC in South Bend back in the early 90's. Freaking awesome. Nicest stadium? Probably the Vikings new stadium.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Wembley Stadium, hardly saw the match - to busy looking around. Been years back, and did not know the game, however a few colleagues wanted to take me while visiting England on business.
Very awesome.

When I studied abroad at ISU I went to some Italian soccer games and now that I think about it that's probably my answer. The Roma derby game was nuts because the stadium was divided in half with thick plexiglass physically separating the fans of the two teams. It'd be like if ISU and Iowa shared one stadium and a physical barrier kept us apart.

• Wow
Reactions: cyputz

cyfanbr

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2013
IL
When I studied abroad at ISU I went to some Italian soccer games and now that I think about it that's probably my answer. The Roma derby game was nuts because the stadium was divided in half with thick plexiglass physically separating the fans of the two teams. It'd be like if ISU and Iowa shared one stadium and a physical barrier kept us apart.
Soccer fans (abroad) are a different breed. It is unfortunate, but without keeping the crowds completely segregated (inside and outside the stadium) you would get huge fights. Too many deaths over the years due to those crowd fights.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Soccer fans (abroad) are a different breed. It is unfortunate, but without keeping the crowds completely segregated (inside and outside the stadium) you would get huge fights. Too many deaths over the years due to those crowd fights.

I think college football is the closest comp we have and I worry sometimes the realignment trends might ruin it. The good passion, not the psycho behavior.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfanbr

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Yankee stadium, even though it was a loss.
Post before this one was in 2019.

pic2897087.png

cyputz

Jul 26, 2006
I can surely attest to that!
Still show the “crease” to the left of my mouth from a misguided shoe. However, since I was the sober one, I definitely walked away ok (his “ultra’s” carried him), albeit nobody wins in these situations.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

werdnamanhill

(⌐■_■)
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 23, 2017
Eastern IA -> Raleigh, NC -> Madison, WI
I've been to :

Trice
Kinnick
Camp Randall
Carter Finley
Akron
Alamodome
Liberty Bowl
Oklahoma
WVU

By the end of the year, I'll be adding Levell-Edwards and Boone Pickens to my list. I'd put the order at:

1. JTS (homer bias)
2. Carter Finley (awesome tailgating, great pregame, loud crowd
3. WVU very similar to JTS
4. Camp Randall (I went to a boring 11 am kick, idk
5. Oklahoma
6. Kinnick
7. Liberty Bowl, I like the architecture
8. Akron
9. Alamodome