Whats the best stadium you have been

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
My personal ranking of the whole package with the particular game i was attending along with gameday experience.

Camp Randall even though we got smoked
Bank One Ballpark at the time
Wyoming even though we got smoked
Kinnick, I'm 2-1 when watching ISU. The one loss was Mike Rose's first full game. My first Wave. Special
Arrowhead Farmageddon
TCU we broke their long win steak. First time as a big XII opponent in their stadium.
Sun Devil
OU this year
Houston
Yankee Stadium
Memphis
Illinois
KSU
Metrodome
Alamadome
Liberty Bowl
Shreveport
KU

Been in or near but not for a game:
Georgia can't wait to go there for one.
Florida
South Carolina
Indiana
Nebraska
North Texas
probably more

Can't wait for BYU, UU, UC, UA, OSU, WVU. Maybe Baylor and Central Florida if it works out.

Really want to go to PSU, Clemson, Alabama, tOSU, LSU, Green Bay, Minnesota, Dallas.

It was on my punch list when I lived out in that area, but I never made it. Another kind of outside of the box place I'd like to watch a game is up in Saskatchewan. I hear Mosaic Stadium is a better atmosphere than most NFL stadiums.
I drove by it on my way for a fishing trip. Sadly it was still like an 8 hour drive north.

Reactions: deadeyededric

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Has anyone been to Knoxville in Iowa? They have an old stadium my kid played a game in. Felt like I was at some sort of fort. Really cool stadium.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
MLB:
Target Field, Safeco Field, Coors field.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Best: OU
Most overrated: Michigan. Absolutely worst stadium experience I’ve ever had

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I have to say my grad degree alma mater, Notre Dame. The stadium is much nicer now than it was when I was a student. Recent renovations now give you more seating room. Didn’t matter when I was a student as we stood most of the time anyway. People used to be happy when we showed up with our little kids because it gave them more room in the row we were in.

Favorite game I attended there was 1993 game when #2 ND defeated #1 Florida State (then blew it all the next week to Boston College). Close game.

I believe Coach Freeman has brought back the player walk starting at the Basilica rather than the football facility, which Kelly was doing. The player walk and Trumpets under the Dome are some of our favorites. The marching band is much better than when we were students and I like that they have incorporated more Irish music.

Worst stadium by far was KU. The bathroom reeked.

Alamo Dome was a dump too but nowhere close to KU level.

Hate the behemoth in Lincoln, Nebraska but at least it was more sanitary. Visitors seating feels like you are in Kearney. HuskerVision propaganda is highly nauseating.

The Liberty Bowl is somewhere in the middle, as is the UCF Bounce house. Bounce House gets fun during a game but the stadium itself is kind of boring.

I have been in the Rose Bowl but not for a game. It is beautiful.

Saw ND get killed by Clemson in Jerry World. I liked the stadium although it seems to lack any special character other than incredibly fast phone service but that is no surprise.