Whats the best stadium you have been

GT25Ump

Oct 24, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
Call me stupid, but in the "small stadium" category, I've always had War Memorial Stadium on my bucket list of ones to visit. Home of the Wyoming Cowboys, with all the evergreen trees beyond both end zones, the beautiful Montana sky, I'd often choose to use Wyoming back in the days of playing NCAA College Football on the Playstation. Gawd, I miss that game!

Reactions: khardbored

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
Haven't tailgated in Seattle but have been to a game. Their fans are effing nuts.

Tailgating there looks less than sub-par. Everything is scattered and tucked around corners. The clink was awesome for a game day experience though. I've been there, Lambeau, Lucas Oil, and Raymond James. Lambeau is tops, then the Clink for pro. Tough to beat Green Bay's tailgating setup. I'm contemplating going to the chiefs packers game down at arrowhead. I did watch the twins in the metrodome when that was around. Wasn't pretty.

College, pretty slim for me in that department. Other than JTS, I think it's only been Memphis' for the bowl game. Avoided Kinnick when I tailgated in IC.

I definitely have been to more baseball stadiums. Wrigley, Busch, Kauffman, Safeco, Citi Field, Nationals, and Target field. For some reason I liked Nationals set up.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
I've been to two preseason soccer games at Michigan Stadium. Incredible venue! First time I went, I sat way up in the corner in the area where the most recent expansion was, and those were comfortable. Last year, I sat about 16 rows from the field, and my knees were in the back of the person sitting in front of me. The place is set up great for being able to handle 110,000 people. Rows of troughs in the bathrooms!

Alamodome was set up really nicely in my opinion as far as the concourse and seating goes. The scoreboard layout was horrible. You couldn't tell what the down and yards to go were.

Fedex Field in Landover, MD gets a bad rap, and in my opinion, I don't know why. Huge parking lot for tailgating, arena bowl appears very modern, concourse is dark and clearly needs updating, but outside of that and the traffic after the game, I thought it was a nice venue.

• Disagree
Reactions: Urbandale2013

Billups06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 18, 2006
[QUOTE=" fyi: The old lower bowl still stands intact. They just built the upper decks on top of and around it. With the exception of not being 100% seat-backs, it would make some NFL stadiums blush"[/QUOTE] @AlaCyclone

Interesting history of the renovations at Bryant-Denny Stadium. Early layout of Bryant-Denny Stadium looked similar to Jack Trice (early years).

Reactions: AlaCyclone

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Fedex Field in Landover, MD gets a bad rap, and in my opinion, I don't know why. Huge parking lot for tailgating, arena bowl appears very modern, concourse is dark and clearly needs updating, but outside of that and the traffic after the game, I thought it was a nice venue.

The stadium looks outdated despite being about 20 years old. Bathrooms and concessions are trash. The fans are trash. Walking into the stadium Redskins fans just tossed all of the their, yep you guessed it, trash at the steps of the stadium. I wouldn't go back.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
The coolest atmosphere by far was at DKR last year. It is big time college football and something that I had never experienced before that.

shawn_200m

Apr 10, 2006
Tipton, IA
I've been to several and I'd rank them like this:
College:
1. Boone Pickens - Really nice modern renovations, not a bad seat and great people
2. DKR- Texas - Just the size of it and the set up is awesome, kind of a quiet atmosphere though
3. Folsom Field, Colorado- The stadium is blah, but the backdrop is beautiful
4. Memorial Stadium- Nebraska - Old, big and loud, fun place to see a game
5. Kinnick - Besides the parking it's a decent place to see a game
6. Sun Devil Stadium- Another big "cookie cutter" stadium, but good site lines and a nice stadium
8. Liberty Bowl - Decent site lines from the sidelines, could use a renovation
7. Missouri - Old and kind of run down. Haven't been there since they joined the SEC, so maybe improved now.
8. UCONN - Small, no atmosphere and unfriendly people

Pro:
1. Lambeau - Any football fan has to see a game there
2. Arrowhead- Great atmosphere and very very loud
3. Lincoln Financial - "newer" stadium, can get very loud, good sightlines from several locations
4. Metrodome - Glad it's gone
5. Pontiac Silverdome - One of the worst stadiums I've been in
6. Oakland Collesium - Total dump. Worst place I've ever watched a game, felt like I was entering a prison.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
The stadium looks outdated despite being about 20 years old. Bathrooms and concessions are trash. The fans are trash. Walking into the stadium Redskins fans just tossed all of the their, yep you guessed it, trash at the steps of the stadium. I wouldn't go back.
Luckily, I was there for a soccer game, so the trash fans weren't there ;)

dawgpound

Retired Billy the Barnstormer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2011
Des Moines, iowa
College - tie between Madison and Nebraska (pains me to say that)
Pro - tie between Lambeau and Arrowhead

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
Just a few years ago my dad and I started making an annual trip to different college football stadiums... thus far I'd rank them as the following.

1. Neyland Stadium (Tennessee) - Knoxville... what a fun place, Vol Navy, singing "Rocky Top" all day long, honestly the stadium is a little dumpy compared to others but the size, atmosphere, fan noise, etc. was incredible
2. Sanford Stadium (Georgia) - a game between the hedges is must see, beautiful stadium and campus and rowdy pre-game for certain, Georgia fans are BRUTAL to opposing fans however (good thing we just buy the home team gear and blend in)
3. Bryant-Denny Stadium (Alabama) - Impressive stadium and was huge match up (2015 LSU @ Alabama) when Derrick Henry went off, but overall atmosphere was just a notch below UGA/Tenn
4. LA Memorial Coliseum (USC) - West Coast just doesn't care about football... pre-game atmosphere was pretty pathetic. Ended up being a fun game, but not anywhere near SEC experience

College Station is on the docket this season vs. Auburn. Excited to see what Kyle Field has to offer.

crs8975

Aug 14, 2013
Lakewood, CO
I've been to 33 different college stadiums now. Notre Dame last year was pretty awesome. Sold out for a fairly terrible FSU opponent. Went to Death Valley/Clemson 5 or 6 years ago. That was up there as far as fan experience goes.

The Rose Bowl in 2011 for TCU vs. WI was probably one of the best games though.

crs8975

Aug 14, 2013
Lakewood, CO
Call me stupid, but in the "small stadium" category, I've always had War Memorial Stadium on my bucket list of ones to visit. Home of the Wyoming Cowboys, with all the evergreen trees beyond both end zones, the beautiful Montana sky, I'd often choose to use Wyoming back in the days of playing NCAA College Football on the Playstation. Gawd, I miss that game!

Unfortunately those trees are only behind one endzone now I believe. I think the one side was removed fro them to put their new training center.

• Informative
Reactions: GT25Ump

HOU_Blue

Aug 16, 2019
Its hard to beat the Rose Bowl, even when Christian McCaffery is running it down the Iowa defense’s throat.

Michigan Stadium is also a lot of fun- the tailgating on the golf course is amazing and the sheer enormity and tradition of the stadium is really cool. The atmosphere is generally pretty blah though unless you get a big time game.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Liberty Bowl/thread

The stadium/set up in Tempe was really cool for the 09 bowl game.

Hate to admit it but I’ve been to a few really good upset games in Kinnick and enjoyed them. Penn State back in I think 08 and Michigan a few years ago were both great atmospheres.

Lambeau is awesome for any fan but especially if you are a Packer fan you have to go see a game there.

I agree with Sun Devil Stadium as far as a setting around the stadium. It is pretty cool.

Lambeau - I think if you are a fan of pro football you should see a game in Lambeau at least once in your life - and I'm not a Packer fan.

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
Cincinnati is a cool stadium. Very different from Jack Trice. The stadium sits right in the middle of their urban campus and the lower half of the stadium is below ground. A lot of the campus buildings sit right next to the stadium and I imagine students walk around it daily passing from one class to the next.

Very accurate description. It is a very nice stadium.

73Cyclone

Jan 26, 2023
to watch a game? Minus Jack Trice that is.

I was at the Todd Blythe, Texas A@M game down in College Station and found that place unreal. I have been to Texas and OU. However, I don't think either are close to being as cool as the Aggies game and stadium. I have not been to it since they basically redid the whole thing.

Pro stadium I would have to go with Lambeau just because of the History.
Yankee stadium, even though it was a loss.

Reactions: stateofmind

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
to watch a game? Minus Jack Trice that is.

I was at the Todd Blythe, Texas A@M game down in College Station and found that place unreal. I have been to Texas and OU. However, I don't think either are close to being as cool as the Aggies game and stadium. I have not been to it since they basically redid the whole thing.

Pro stadium I would have to go with Lambeau just because of the History.
I love UT but then I went to the Michigan vs OSU game last year in Columbus and I’d say the Shoe is now my favorite

Reactions: Drew0311

State2015

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 26, 2016
I'm a history buff so love old stadiums. Hate that I really like the team out east's stadium. We're losing a few solid ones in OUT and not really gaining any historical venues. Correct me if I'm wrong but KU and Cincy are the only ones that are pre-WW2. I'll happily take the area around JTS over anything but wish we could've found a way to restore/expand Clyde

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron