What's streaming that's good TV/movies

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Another movie streaming (Netflix) with a big thumbs up from Boxster. The Bombardment on Netflix, but known as The Shadow in my Eye elsewhere, is a Danish movie about the British air raid on Gestapo HQ in Copenhagen, Denmark. From the Danish civilian perspective, a moving take on this and not the RAF worship most British takes on this have. 100%/95% on Rotten Tomatoes. Forewarning, not a happy glorious war story. If you know your WWII history you might know what happens.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Reservation Dogs season 2 isn't as tight, like it doesn't appear to have some overarching theme like Season 1 did. However, man I don't know if I've had just as purely a pleasurable viewing experience as I have watching this show recently. It's just great. There are like 10 characters I have genuine affection for in this series.

Reactions: clonedude

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Reservation Dogs season 2 isn't as tight, like it doesn't appear to have some overarching theme like Season 1 did. However, man I don't know if I've had just as purely a pleasurable viewing experience as I have watching this show recently. It's just great. There are like 10 characters I have genuine affection for in this series.

I do feel like I am missing something by not viewing that but there are only so many subscriptions and services I am willing to sign up for. At some point I need to sign up for just a month or two, binge their best **** and than drop them. Will probably do that this winter with HBO again and likely do Disney+ for a couple of months.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I'm apparently kind of a FX stan now, because I think they've made my favorite shows of this year. Atlanta, The Old Man, Reservation Dogs, Welcome to Wrexham, etc. have all been really good.

• Agree
Reactions: Entropy

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Looking forward to Blonde.... because Ana De Armas (OMG).

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
SIAP:

When is season 3 of Ted Lasso supposed to come out?

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Watched Interceptor on Netflix. Wasn't expecting much, but, woof, this was bad. Maybe the worst movie I've watched till the end in a long time. I was totally mocking the "Keep Fighting!" mantra with "Never give up, never surrender" from Galaxy Quest and out loud in the alien voice. JFC, it was SO ******* awful. One silly movie star cameo was okay but overdone with repeats. Huge thumbs down.
Yeah, it reminded me of a Steven Seagul movie.

Entropy

Oct 27, 2008
Cedar Rapids, IA
Res Dogs just got renewed for a 3rd season.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Started the Dahmer mini series last night. Very disturbing. A bit slow but really well done. Only done with 3 of the 10 episodes.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I'm apparently kind of a FX stan now, because I think they've made my favorite shows of this year. Atlanta, The Old Man, Reservation Dogs, Welcome to Wrexham, etc. have all been really good.

They've been good for a while now. What We Do in the Shadows has dropped off, but season 1 and 2 were exceptional. And of course Archer is still great.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
Bad Sisters on AppleTv is surprisingly great

Black Bird on AppleTv is an absolute must watch

Bad Sisters on AppleTv is surprisingly great

Black Bird on AppleTv is an absolute must watch
Claes Bang is the star of Bad Sisters. I don't think someone has pulled off playing a snobby, hate-worthy ******* like he has. Every time he patronizes his wife with a "mammy" it makes me cringe. Haha. We love that show.

Apple + has been killing it with a lot of their offerings. Ted Lasso, Black Bird, Bad Sisters and my personal favorite For All Mankind. Absolutely criminal FAM didn't even get an Emmy nod. Hauser's performance in Black Bird is probably the best on channel, but I think the creativity, story writing, and acting depth on FAM makes that the best show going right now.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
I just heard about this show and probably going to check it out on Hulu. Who all wants to give it a glowing review?

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Claes Bang is the star of Bad Sisters. I don't think someone has pulled off playing a snobby, hate-worthy ******* like he has. Every time he patronizes his wife with a "mammy" it makes me cringe. Haha. We love that show.
He was outstanding in some BBC/Netflix show as Dracula

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
A new version of this movie is coming out on Netflix on October 28th. German made this time as might be appropriate as this is based on the 1928 German book. One of the best war novels ever.

Will be the third version of this put to film.

1st, All Quiet on the Western Front (1928) - Terrific movie staring Lew Ayres. Film is 92 years old now and I haven't seen it in years but last time I did I felt it had held up well for viewing in our time. Might have to give this a refresher watch before I see the new version.

2nd, All Quiet on the Western Front (TV movie 1979) I thought this remake was trash with John Boy Walton as the lead and, of all ******* people, Ernest Borgnine with a starring role. Remember watching in 1979 and pretty much mocking it every 10 minutes as I watched.

• Informative
Reactions: arobb and Bigman38

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
We're in the middle of season 2 of Yellowstone, but other than that, our options have dropped off after finishing House of Dragons, Rings of Power and The Patient. Really happy with all 3 and can't wait for season 2 of the first two (The Patient is just one and done).

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron