What's a company that you think sh!t the bed discontinuing certain products?

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Had a conversation this weekend with some friends about former consumer products that were amazing but for some reason the company discontinued certain products despite popularity. Keebler was the company that actually came up the most which might be surprising. They still have a **** ton of products but there are a lot from the 80s and 90s that for some reason they killed. These were just off the top of my head..and ALL of them were amazing. No idea why they stopped any of these...particularly Wheatables and Pizzarias. Wheatables (especially the ranch ones) were 10x better than Wheat Thins and nothing was on the market like Pizzarias. What are other companies that you thought had a good thing going but then for some reason made a stupid decision to quit products or change recipes etc?

1696220459702.png
1696220512093.png
1696220554808.png
1696220573879.png

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
It costs a lot of money to have a wide variety of products. While I hear you on some of these things, it doesn’t matter if a product is amazing or sucks - if it doesn’t meet sales goals it’s gonna get axed.

Reactions: JimmyChitwood

CyState85

May 8, 2019
Had a conversation this weekend with some friends about former consumer products that were amazing but for some reason the company discontinued certain products despite popularity. Keebler was the company that actually came up the most which might be surprising. They still have a **** ton of products but there are a lot from the 80s and 90s that for some reason they killed. These were just off the top of my head..and ALL of them were amazing. No idea why they stopped any of these...particularly Wheatables and Pizzarias. Wheatables (especially the ranch ones) were 10x better than Wheat Thins and nothing was on the market like Pizzarias. What are other companies that you thought had a good thing going but then for some reason made a stupid decision to quit products or change recipes etc?

View attachment 117452
View attachment 117453
View attachment 117454
View attachment 117455

Our family ate multiple bags of Pizzarias a week—-it was a staple in our school lunches as kids.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

View attachment 117452
View attachment 117453
View attachment 117454
View attachment 117455
I likes the O'Boises a lot as a kid but they sure could make a mess.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
My parents used to buy Anheuser Busch snacks pretty frequently.
My dad liked the snack mix.

Nolaeer

Nov 24, 2012
Shell no-pest strips.
loved these as a kid. You just hang up these pieces of cardboard and flies would literally drop out of the air dead when they flew past them.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
These are the best chips I’ve ever had. probably good for my gut that It got discontinued. I could tear up a bag in 20 minutes.

OIP.8RRSDxeLBCo5ziHzWaTSCQHaLy

Reactions: bellzisu

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I'll throw another one out there, McDonalds had a great steak McMuffin breakfast sandwich they discontinued. Was going to put the McRib on this list as they supposedly had a farewell tour for it last year it sounds like it may be back in some markets in November for a limited time.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I'll throw another one out there, McDonalds had a great steak McMuffin breakfast sandwich they discontinued. Was going to put the McRib on this list as they supposedly had a farewell tour for it last year it sounds like it may be back in some markets in November for a limited time.
I liked their grilled breakfast burritos.

BACyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2011
Reinbeck, IA

The McRib annually "comes back" each November for the last several years.

aauummm

May is National Walking Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Mondelez International Group just plain dropped these without any announcement or anything. They were very popular while they were still making them. Even now people on social media are inquiring what happened to them, they basically get no response or very vague response from the company.

belVita Soft Baked Oats & Chocolate.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron