What Will You Spend Your $1,000 Stimulus On?

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Cutoff should be $125k income per household and below. That's twice the median US household income. Anyone who makes more than that should not be getting a check.

I'm in the bracket above that and we are responsible savers with a mortgage and a kiddo on the way. We don't need help and live life responsibly below our means

It's a hard line to draw. Everyone's financial situation is different. AGI is probably the best indicator of wealth for this purpose but at the same time it's not always indicative of disposable income. There are expenses that people incur that can't be deducted for purposes of AGI. I imagine there are plenty of people who show income over $125k, don't live extravagantly and will still need some help to make ends meet.

I'm not sure there's a right answer.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
There's got to be, what, 100,000,000 adults in the US? The automation it would take to identify each one's AGI, put it through a formula and get them a check is amazing.

I can't remember how this worked during the 2008 stimulus package. What if you don't have a mailing address?

I'm just amazed by the potential logistics of this.
estimated at 208MM actually.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
so I didn't read through all this, but would this be based off of last years tax filing? assuming so. If so then that sucks for someone that had a spouse making a lot of money last year, but quit her job to stay home this year. I do feel it should go to those who really need it, but I can't imagine how hard it would be to figure that out in 2 weeks.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
I read some lawmakers were proposing $4500 per person. That’s bananas

giphy.gif