What was the reasoning behind the 10 year contract for CPR?

Jordanj6502

Jan 9, 2010
Ames
The honest answer to the original question "What was the reasoning behind the 10 year contract for CPR?" is because you can pay someone less if you give them more security (in this case a 10 year contract). Paul Rhoads is still paid less than any other coach in the Big 12. ($1.6M this year, next lowest is Tuberville at $2.15M (Source)) It was a good move at the time, and I still think it is a good contract now.

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
Because he took us from 5-19 to:

Bowl game in 3 out of 4 years
Biggest win in school history over OSU
First win over Texas
First win at Nebraska since 78

And he was being offered a job by other/bigger BCS schools.

This! 5 posts in and Doctor/Troll gets his answer yet twists and turns to keep trolling.

Wings

Oct 7, 2012
Creston
you guys all make me sick. this has nothing to do with Paul Rhoads . we have too many injuries if anything is going to fall back on our offensive coordinator. you guys know we pretty much one with taxes we won at Tulsa..and that's with all of our guys. coaches cannot help injuries come on guys think about it.makes me mad its not CPRfault.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
you guys all make me sick. this has nothing to do with Paul Rhoads . we have too many injuries if anything is going to fall back on our offensive coordinator. you guys know we pretty much one with taxes we won at Tulsa..and that's with all of our guys. coaches cannot help injuries come on guys think about it.makes me mad its not CPRfault.
Troll ^