What online news source do you use?

Sighclone Fan

Jan 19, 2008
So I ask this because I often find myself wandering around on news sites trying to waste time at work, and wonder which news sites people like most.

BKLYNCyclone

Sep 16, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
I use CNN.com but I'm tired of it... too many "headline" stories that remind me of FOX News. I just want pure information, and have been trying nytimes.com.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
I follow a bunch of different news outlets on twitter, so whichever shows up there first is the one that I go to.

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
I read everything through an RSS reader.

Get most of my "headline" coverage from CNN, BBC, KCCI, The Daily Beast Cheatsheet, and the Des Moines Register.

Without getting too political, for somewhat non-partisan opinion and more in-depth articles, I like to read The Economist daily blogs (in particular Democracy in America, Lexington's Notebook and Free Exchange) and ProPublica.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
You gotta check out good ole' Drudgereport once in awhile!

As with an earlier poster, I get most through RSS feeds. Mine are set to my iGoogle home page & "Feeds" tab on my browser. All the local TV stations, the Reggie, some local blogs, etc.

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
You gotta check out good ole' Drudgereport once in awhile!

As with an earlier poster, I get most through RSS feeds. Mine are set to my iGoogle home page & "Feeds" tab on my browser. All the local TV stations, the Reggie, some local blogs, etc.

I use Netvibes, which I just migrated to from Google Reader.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
So I ask this because I often find myself wandering around on news sites trying to waste time at work, and wonder which news sites people like most.

I use Google Reader to pull in RSS feeds from a few dozen web sites. My main news sources are the New York Times and Google News. But I read a lot of blogs for more specialized topics and Twitter for the up-to-the-second stuff.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron