What music are you listening to right now?

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Everlast, but I would agree he did pretty well for himself once he stepped out of the shadow of that song. What It's Like is still a rock radio staple. Black Jesus was a solid hit. One of his videos has a pre-Breaking Bad Aaron Paul in it. His haunting jam with Santana was his best work:

Aside from the early hits with Ends and What It's Like which are awesome, this song was always on my hype/workout playlists.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Not sure what you think are B-list bands but

Meat Puppets
Local H
Everclear
Toadies
Fuel
Candlebox
Toadies
Bowling for Soup
Live
Silverchair
Collective Soul
Seven Mary Three
Couple new names in hear. Love me some collective soul. Also, that Hangover You Don’t Deserve album by Bowling for Soup may be thee most underrated album of all time. Everyone knows 1985 but there is one great pop punk song after another on there.

Reactions: AgronAlum

HOTDON

Mar 24, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
Couple new names in hear. Love me some collective soul. Also, that Hangover You Don’t Deserve album by Bowling for Soup may be thee most underrated album of all time. Everyone knows 1985 but there is one great pop punk song after another on there.
Butch Walker has his fingerprints all over Bowling for Soup and a lot of other bands. He was a producer on Hangover and almost all of their other albums. He also wrote Girl All the Bad Guys Want and Punk Rock 101 for them. A few people probably know him from Marvelous3 but he's worked with Weezer, Fall Out Boy, Panic at the Disco and Sevendust behind the scenes. Even Pink, Taylor Swift and Avril Lavigne at different points. Probably as prolific as a songwriter and producer can get over the last 25 years with so little name recognition.

• Informative
Reactions: JM4CY

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Butch Walker has his fingerprints all over Bowling for Soup and a lot of other bands. He was a producer on Hangover and almost all of their other albums. He also wrote Girl All the Bad Guys Want and Punk Rock 101 for them. A few people probably know him from Marvelous3 but he's worked with Weezer, Fall Out Boy, Panic at the Disco and Sevendust behind the scenes. Even Pink, Taylor Swift and Avril Lavigne at different points. Probably as prolific as a songwriter and producer can get over the last 25 years with so little name recognition.
That’s super interesting

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
I have been listening to this song for years, but just looked it up on youtube, and it comes off really nice there, if you like Irish folk music:

Last edited:

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Do you like Eve 6? Underrated 90s album imo.

I agree but for some reason I lump them in with all my alt/punk/pop/rock stuff from the 2000s.

Blink 182
Rise Against
Good Charlotte
Third Eye Blind
Offspring (huge fan)
Limp
Simple Plan
Jimmy Eat World
Sum 41
All American Rejects
Story of the Year
Goldfinger
MXPX
Etc.

• Winner
Reactions: HOTDON

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I agree but for some reason I lump them in with all my alt/punk/pop/rock stuff from the 2000s.

Blink 182
Rise Against
Good Charlotte
Third Eye Blind
Offspring (huge fan)
Limp
Simple Plan
Jimmy Eat World
Sum 41
All American Rejects
Story of the Year
Goldfinger
MXPX
Etc.
What are your thoughts on that newer Offspring album?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron