What music are you listening to right now?

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I'm on a big Todd Snider kick today - all over his catalog. He was actually the officiant of Amanda Shires and Jason Isbell's wedding. She put some sick fiddle on his 2012 album "Agnostic Hymns and Stoner Fables", I particularly enjoy it here:

Other great Todd songs I've had on today

JohnPrineforCy

Feb 1, 2019
I'm on a big Todd Snider kick today - all over his catalog. He was actually the officiant of Amanda Shires and Jason Isbell's wedding. She put some sick fiddle on his 2012 album "Agnostic Hymns and Stoner Fables", I particularly enjoy it here:

Other great Todd songs I've had on today

Every time i see him live I just want him to tell stories for 2 hours

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Every time i see him live I just want him to tell stories for 2 hours
I have the old Moondog's Tavern bootlegs on CD and his stories could just be their own act.

His songwriting is amazing though. He has that mix of humor, wit, and the ability to emotionally wound you that only your screename's namesake has ever exceeded.

Reactions: JohnPrineforCy

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I had never heard of Amanda Shires until I saw her playing the violin in the Blackberry Smoke "You got lucky" cover, and then ran across this song. Usually not the type of music that'd I'd like, but this is just kind of minimalist and she's got a nice voice.

Major crush on Amanda! She's awesome

Reactions: Cyclonepride

JohnPrineforCy

Feb 1, 2019
I have the old Moondog's Tavern bootlegs on CD and his stories could just be their own act.

His songwriting is amazing though. He has that mix of humor, wit, and the ability to emotionally wound you that only your screename's namesake has ever exceeded.
I compare those two often when I am talking with friends or family about music.

Reactions: Al_4_State

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Am I the only one on here that doesn't get the Turnpike Troubadours love?

I know not everyone enjoys the same types of music, which is great, but I actually enjoy some country/bluegrass (or whatever genre they are considered?)... but for some reason the Turnpike Troubadours don't do much for me?

That's great that so many people enjoy them... just wondered if I was the only one that doesn't get it?

Reactions: JohnPrineforCy

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Brad Nowell's son, Jacob. Wow.
Some videos from this poster and a few others within last couple days:

Reactions: titleist

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
I am listening to Angelique Kidjo right now, and this song, one of the many of hers that I like came up and I thought I would share it.

This is for @BWRhasnoAC.

Reactions: pourcyne

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I am listening to Angelique Kidjo right now, and this song, one of the many of hers that I like came up and I thought I would share it.

This is for @BWRhasnoAC.

Ya I love the reggae calypso mix here. Even add the blues guitar and African chorals at the end. Awesome. My favorite vocal phonetic accent too.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
This isn’t a thread I watch, so I don’t know if he’s been discussed but is anyone listening to Ren? He has traditional tracks but he also does a lot of storytelling to music and to me, a lot of the music is super powerful. He was isolated due to health/mental issues for years and wrote some wild music to cope. Some of the transitions in the music are crazy.

A little snip from his wiki
IMG_4387.jpeg

I have been listening to this one a ton and it’s a traditional track.

A couple more that are more storytelling. The second is a part of a three person/song series.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
Ya I love the reggae calypso mix here. Even add the blues guitar and African chorals at the end. Awesome. My favorite vocal phonetic accent too.
You should listen to more of her, she is one of the world's greatest in popular music.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site

I know not everyone enjoys the same types of music, which is great, but I actually enjoy some country/bluegrass (or whatever genre they are considered?)... but for some reason the Turnpike Troubadours don't do much for me?

That's great that so many people enjoy them... just wondered if I was the only one that doesn't get it?
They speak to me more than any band ever has.

It’s not for everyone though

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

How big was the town you grew up in?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron