What kind of Spider is this

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Most things don't bother me. Heights, snakes, close spaces - nothing. Just something about spiders that makes my skin crawl.

I have been walking through corn and soybean fields to come across a large garden spider/garden spider web and walked back out to go back in in another area.

Honestly spiders were a big reason I quit detassling corn for money when I was a kid. I'd paint, bale hay, walk beans, etc but walking right into one of those big webs at 530 in the morning and seeing a spider the size of your head about 5 inches from me was enough for a career change.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Trap post:

spiders_small.jpg

Is that spider Heaven?

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Ha ha aren't those poisonous as ****?
I don't have a fear of spiders unless i am in the dark and feel one on me. Then bets are off, but centipeeds on the other hand creep the **** out of me. Too many damn legs, you can't trust them.

Pretty sure it's just a house centipede. Use to have a ton of these things in our house. Only mildly poisonous, and will only hurt a little if bit (supposedly, never been bit). Didn't like them until I learned they hunted spiders, then I didn't mind them so much. Put a dehumidifier in our basement a few years back and have only seen a couple since then.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Honestly spiders were a big reason I quit detassling corn for money when I was a kid. I'd paint, bale hay, walk beans, etc but walking right into one of those big webs at 530 in the morning and seeing a spider the size of your head about 5 inches from me was enough for a career change.
Use to contract acres when I was a kid...I remember them well. What I did was bring the machete I cuts weeds walking beans with me. The first couple of days you aren't pulling that many tassles anyway so when I saw one of those webs coming, I just started to swing away. After a couple of days of me coming into their territory H bent for leather....when it came time to start stripping the fields they were nowhere to be found.

Last edited:

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
DO NOT click on that link. Why did you bring this thread back. Threads with gifs of women bouncing get shut down, but this one gets to live? That ain't right!
I needed others to feel my sense of horror on that one.

Help Support Us

Become a patron