What kind of Spider is this

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
I don't know why I opened this thread. I just finished up a five minute shiver attack and am pretty sure something has been landing on my shoulder for the last 5 minutes.

And I fully endorse Preferred Pest Management. He does our house twice a year and we have zero issues. Before we started hiring him was a different story.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
I don't know why I opened this thread. I just finished up a five minute shiver attack and am pretty sure something has been landing on my shoulder for the last 5 minutes.

Homer+hunting+spiders.+hahahahaha+gross_27f58a_4141114.gif

bugs4cy

Jun 7, 2009
Story County
Wow. It never fails to amaze me how a whole bunch of manly-man-men totally freak out about a spider.

I failed to note who first said sac spider, but that sounds good to me.

Sorry I wasn't on this earlier today - my today was my Dad's day for knee replacement surgery.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Wow. It never fails to amaze me how a whole bunch of manly-man-men totally freak out about a spider.

Sorry I wasn't on this earlier today - my today was my Dad's day for knee replacement surgery.
Are you sure? If so this could be pretty serious. Should I call an exterminator and maybe bug bomb the house?

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I, too, hate spiders. It's their propensity to hang in doorways in such a way that I can't see them until they're about 2 centimeters from my eyeball. And the occasional one slipping down a web when I'm in the shower, or god forbid you find one on your towel.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
While retrieving some logs from the woodpile the other day I had a fairly large spider crawl up my hand and about 3/4 of the way up my arm. I discovered that I do an incredible impersonation of a 6 year old girl screaming. Damn this thread to hell.

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames

Most things don't bother me. Heights, snakes, close spaces - nothing. Just something about spiders that makes my skin crawl.

I have been walking through corn and soybean fields to come across a large garden spider/garden spider web and walked back out to go back in in another area.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Did it look like this?

camelspider01.jpg

If any congressman ever wants to reduce the military budget I'd suggest bringing one of those things into congress during the debate. All they would have to do is suggest that these things could come to the US and I'd support a 500% funding increase to battle those things alone.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013

What kind of manly-man needs knee surgery? Wimp.

Help Support Us

Become a patron