What did YOU do to spur the Cyclones to victory?

uthaman

Oct 18, 2006
Des Moines
First thing I did was get new Cyclone shirts for Christmas and throw away everything purchased during the Chiz years...

After the first quarter I changed shirts...

After the third quarter I changed pants...

I like to think that played a (small) role in the Cyclones victory! :smile: Of course my wife thinks I was drinking too much... lol

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Strangely enough, I watched the game with my wife (a hawk fan). I started watching the game in the living room with her, and then she went to take a shower, so I moved downstairs to the bigger tv. When she came back down, she was wearing an ISU sweatshirt. I came back upstairs because she wanted to watch the game with me, but she could tell I wanted to watch downstairs, so I went down again after the half. Then I came back up because........

Score while watching the game with her- ISU 14, Minnesota 0
Score while watching the game without her- Minnesota 13, ISU 0

JH4ISU

Mar 27, 2006
Des Moines, IA
1. Drank Scottish Ale from Olde Main during the whole game. 2. Didn't shave my snowboard trip beard (going a good week and 2 days now), didn't shave during half time because all was going well. 3. Celebrated to extremes in downtown Des Moines to bring in the new year as champs

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Drank Coors Light whenever we needed a big play! Did the same thing when we beat Nebraska earlier this year. It's all about the Coors Light!

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
I considerede shaving yesterday, for the first time in about 6 weeks, but decided against it. I figured I had the "beard" when they were selected to the Insight, and the beard should have the opportunity to see the team through.

Trimmer/razor is coming out in about 30 minutes...

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Strangely enough, I watched the game with my wife (a hawk fan). I started watching the game in the living room with her, and then she went to take a shower, so I moved downstairs to the bigger tv. When she came back down, she was wearing an ISU sweatshirt. I came back upstairs because she wanted to watch the game with me, but she could tell I wanted to watch downstairs, so I went down again after the half. Then I came back up because........

Score while watching the game with her- ISU 14, Minnesota 0
Score while watching the game without her- Minnesota 13, ISU 0
You almost lost this for us by marrying a hawk fan that doesn't like to play mario, thanks a lot.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
My wife and I bought 2 tickets and donated them even though we couldn't make it, so I hope you enjoyed the game and rooted for the clones, whoever you are random person the athletic department gave them to.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
wore my throwback Bret Meyer jersey. switched TVs on Minnesota's last drive. drank Miller High Life during the whole game.

fccy

Dec 31, 2008
Forest City
Not sure. Just happy that we were able to go 1-5 when I watched the majority of a game on TV.

I was prepared to go home and listen on radio if it was needed, though.