What did Otz screw up this game

Cyclones125

May 3, 2016
Would've love to seen Pav get some more PT but don't know who to take minutes from. Having so much depth is a good problem to have I guess.

rosshm16

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2023
We should have won by at least 13 points and also should have won the Baylor game.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I said in the game thread that Otz managed his rotations fairly well.

Personally I would have preferred he yanked Lipsey sooner during that horrific stretch in the 2nd half. Ultimately he DID pull him and put Gilbert at point (Lipsey took it well and played much better upon coming back in).

The big change is at the end where, especially with the lead, I would have Ward and Watson out there, along with Cujo, Gilbert, and Lipsey. Have your best and most mobile unit that can track, rebound, and most importantly defend against the 3. When you have a big lead the only way you can lose it is with bad defense. Personally I think TJ too often puts less than optimal units in during these particular situations.

Ultimately FTs kept this game from getting too close to where those small mistakes didn't factor in.

This is a dumb thread today. You can close it.

Is your name Steve Kerr or Phil Jackson ? I mean what kind of universe do you live that you know better than a coach of a top ten team who should be playing and when? You at practice everyday?

Reactions: NWICY

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Would've love to seen Pav get some more PT but don't know who to take minutes from. Having so much depth is a good problem to have I guess.

I think Pav is going to benefit from being in the system and what it takes in the off season to play big 12. I expect him to add some muscle in the off season. Doing a good job now though

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
Is your name Steve Kerr or Phil Jackson ? I mean what kind of universe do you live that you know better than a coach of a top ten team who should be playing and when? You at practice everyday?

More dumb questions. It's a ******* message board, you know, a place full of armchair coaches.

Never said or implied I "know more than Otz" or that I could "coach the team". With that said I many of us (including myself) watch the team enough to bring up some valid points/criticisms. And, like most, I admit their may be things going on behind the scenes that have played into said decisions. But since none of us (including myself) know one way or another, it's necessarily more or less likely one way or another. Coaches **** up all the time, they are hardly impervious.

Don't like my takes consistently? Put me on ignore instead of posing these dumbass questions we all know the answers to. It sounds to me like you'd rather not waste your time but continue to choose to do so.

• Dumb
Reactions: jmb

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
"I was positive in the game thread...except for all these times I wasnt"

Ridiculous. Can't even be happy with a double digit win. You're the kind of guy who has sex and then criticizes the girl's look afterwards.

This is ******** and you know it.

Seriously, go back and look at the game thread. Again I'm only doing this since you are the one that's too lazy and stupid to trot out anything other than retread lies and ********. I thought we played a great game on the overall. Our passing was generally fanastic and we did an excellent job with skip passes, kick outs, and ball rotations on the perimeter. That lead to some wide open 3s, which we smartly took, and were rewarded with a great percentage. Outside of some blown block outs, which has really been an issue for all of the bigs (so not reason to single out BRE here) this year, BRE played an excellent game. In particular his passing wasn't done justice with the stats as he made several great passes. Even on the drive that was forced (where he ultimately turned it over) he was looking for the right play (I think it was King that would have had an easy dunk).

Keep in mind I'm not the dipass who even made the thread. But I guess if idiots are going to waste their time to make a thread regarding a falsehood that was directed at me, I guess I will actually bring up the two (relatively minor) issues I had during the game. Notrice it wasn't a laundry list, but TWO items.

You know what else? Other than 3 point shooting and FT shooting I thought TCU actually played a really good game on the road. Not perfect, but better than I expected. Their one on one defense was actually pretty good, thus making our passing attack and ball movement critically important. Part of this was because of us, but once we moved the ball they often broke down and sometimes quickly. But if we ran our offense like we have many times this year, where guys didn't move without the ball or rotate well, it would have been a problem.

Oh, and the FT shooting was fantastic (on our part). I'm not exactly sure how they people who claim I"m a bitcher and a moaner are creating threads, wasting their time, and complaining about my "******** and moaning" that really didn't even exist.

I appreciate living rent free in your head. Although it's small, I enjoy the empty space.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I thought that the rotation was really good. And he managed Lipsey's foul trouble well. I was kind of doubting it a little when he put Tamin back in with 3 minutes left in the half. Tamin had some dumb fouls for sure, but it ended up not mattering.

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
TJ should have left Tamin in the game after his 2nd foul. Let him foul out to teach him a lesson. And putting in Pav to make a 3 pointer was a big mistake. Need to replace TJ with ZRF ASAP. we are a 1/2 game out of first place - unacceptable.

SayMyName

Jan 28, 2017
ABQ
TJ should have left Tamin in the game after his 2nd foul. Let him foul out to teach him a lesson. And putting in Pav to make a 3 pointer was a big mistake. Need to replace TJ with ZRF ASAP. we are a 1/2 game out of first place - unacceptable.
You know with coach @ZRF at the helm, we'd be perfect on the season and have perfect stat lines with perfect rotations and multiple natty's under our belt already....
:otz:

• Optimistic
Reactions: VeloClone and ZRF

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron