What did Otz screw up this game

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
I said in the game thread that Otz managed his rotations fairly well.

Personally I would have preferred he yanked Lipsey sooner during that horrific stretch in the 2nd half. Ultimately he DID pull him and put Gilbert at point (Lipsey took it well and played much better upon coming back in).

The big change is at the end where, especially with the lead, I would have Ward and Watson out there, along with Cujo, Gilbert, and Lipsey. Have your best and most mobile unit that can track, rebound, and most importantly defend against the 3. When you have a big lead the only way you can lose it is with bad defense. Personally I think TJ too often puts less than optimal units in during these particular situations.

Ultimately FTs kept this game from getting too close to where those small mistakes didn't factor in.

This is a dumb thread today. You can close it.
FU everyone needs a laugh, you too. All in the spirit of fun.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Wears a cardinal shirt on Gold Rules day.

....On 2nd thought...that's probably the most Iowa State thing you can do. I'll allow it.
I wore triple layer of gold today. Meanwhile, on my way in, I saw a group of four - all younger than me and all in red. I just shook my head. Looked about 3/4 gold with mixed other stuff today. At least, it wasn't a stripe out!

Last edited:
Reactions: RezClone

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
So, there was this one play out of a time out under the TCU basket. ISU threw it in, turned it over with a breakaway the other way. So, instead of going up by 14, ISU was only up by 10. Something like that. Time to clean house! / sarcasm.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
This thread is:
fposter,small,wall_texture,product,750x1000.jpg

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Tamin's white headband clashes with the gold uni. WTF doesn't TJ get Tamin a ******* gold head band!!!!

cyclonestunners

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 14, 2011

Personally I would have preferred he yanked Lipsey sooner during that horrific stretch in the 2nd half. Ultimately he DID pull him and put Gilbert at point (Lipsey took it well and played much better upon coming back in).

The big change is at the end where, especially with the lead, I would have Ward and Watson out there, along with Cujo, Gilbert, and Lipsey. Have your best and most mobile unit that can track, rebound, and most importantly defend against the 3. When you have a big lead the only way you can lose it is with bad defense. Personally I think TJ too often puts less than optimal units in during these particular situations.

Ultimately FTs kept this game from getting too close to where those small mistakes didn't factor in.

"I was positive in the game thread...except for all these times I wasnt"

Ridiculous. Can't even be happy with a double digit win. You're the kind of guy who has sex and then criticizes the girl's look afterwards.

Reactions: Drew0311

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
"I was positive in the game thread...except for all these times I wasnt"

Ridiculous. Can't even be happy with a double digit win. You're the kind of guy who has sex and then criticizes the girl's look afterwards.
Last sentence =no chance that is happening.