Info: Welcome Ian Smith to the CF team

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Already outsourcing...looking at an early retirement. I see what you are doing here.

zach

Jul 17, 2006
The Subs
Ian,
When referring to any game where we play our in state rival from IA City, is it referred to as:
(1) The Iowa State/ Iowa game
Or
(2) The Iowa/Iowa State game.
Choose carefully.
Z

Reactions: Cyclonestate78

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Ian,
When referring to any game where we play our in state rival from IA City, is it referred to as:
(1) The Iowa State/ Iowa game
Or
(2) The Iowa/Iowa State game.
Choose carefully.
Z

I had never thought of it until now, but I refer to it as the Iowa/Iowa State game... I need to stop that.

zach

Jul 17, 2006
The Subs
I had never thought of it until now, but I refer to it as the Iowa/Iowa State game... I need to stop that.

You never noticed because we have been brainwashed by the media. Only one way to say it in my opinion that shows respect to our school. Hawks hate it when you say it the other way by the way. Not why I do it however.

Z

CycloneWitness

Apr 24, 2010
I am VERY excited about this news!! CF has done such a great job in such a short period of time that the fact they are ADDING people is a tribute not only to CF and the work they do, but all of Cyclone Nation for the support.

I know Ian, and I know Chris. This is a GREAT fit. Both very dedicated and very skilled -- look forward to Ian's articles on the site, and you all will too!!

Go Cyclones!

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM
You never noticed because we have been brainwashed by the media. Only one way to say it in my opinion that shows respect to our school. Hawks hate it when you say it the other way by the way. Not why I do it however.

Z

For me, I just say the shorter one first. Has nothing to do with which is more respectable in my mind.

Florida-Florida State, Oklahoma-Oklahoma State. etc..

zach

Jul 17, 2006
The Subs
k
For me, I just say the shorter one first. Has nothing to do with which is more respectable in my mind.

I do it for respect of my team.

I see you are from Iowa, Johnston. :)

cychhosis

May 12, 2006
S.E. Iowa
It not like Iowa grads can't be educated, I submit Pete Taylor (God Bless). Let's give Ian a chance.:yes:

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM
k

I do it for respect of my team.

I see you are from Iowa, Johnston. :)

Ha, good one.

But seriously, I just say Iowa-Iowa State. It rolls off the tongue a little better. Never really cared what that meant.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames

Also, that is alphabetical order, except that the first school name usually is "University of ..." which would make it reverse alphabetical order.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
Ian is a really strong writer and will do great things here at CF. Trust me. Do you really think I would bring on a guy who exists to belittle Iowa State? Please. When you read these two features he put together from media day, you'll understand.

Well, someone has to tell the truth that we're the Hawkeyes little brothers ! :jimlad:

Welcome to the team and I look forward to reading his writings. I seriously believe that we can learn from the success of the EIU football team - hopefully he can share some insights from his experience as a fan. There's nothing wrong learning good things from a successful program. (Yes, this is not a joke, as much as I don't like the Hawkeyes, there could be some things we can learn from them)