Weather

linkshero

May 22, 2008
Ames
What's up with the weather.? Any climatologists on here?
I know it hasn't been that long since we have had animated radar available on our PC's, but I don't ever remember the entire western hemisphere being covered in clouds like we have been for the last two weeks.

Is it Global warming?
a Conspiracy?
the H1N1 virus?
Hawkeye Nation?

Whats going on, it's messing with my golf game?!!!!!!!!
:skeptical:

CyPride

Oct 12, 2008
What's up with the weather.? Any climatologists on here?
I know it hasn't been that long since we have had animated radar available on our PC's, but I don't ever remember the entire western hemisphere being covered in clouds like we have been for the last two weeks.

Is it Global warming?
a Conspiracy?
the H1N1 virus?
Hawkeye Nation?

Whats going on, it's messing with my golf game?!!!!!!!!
:skeptical:

Curse of Albert Gore's misinformation. Called the "Gore Effect".

There was some environmental gathering in europe recently where Albert Gore spoke, and someone from England (weather/climate based knowledge) wanted to speak about his viewpoint that England has been experiencing global cooling for the last 10 years -- he was NOT allowed to speak. Sorry, don't have a link on this one, but have one that references cooling and the "Gore Effect".

Bad news for Catlin Expedition: Satellite Data Shows Arctic Cooling in February and March « Watts Up With That?

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
It happens, espaissally in the spring and late fall. I don't recall whether we are under El Nino or La Nina, but it still happen even without those elements.

Last edited:

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
Keep the politics out of this thread or it will be moved to the cave.

There is no reason for us to discuss politics in this thread. We can discuss the topic without talking politics. If you don't know how, than don't contribute.

matmann22

Dec 31, 2007
Pleasant Hill
matmann22.spaces.live.com
More like a fading (dying) weak La Nina.

Weak La Nina tend to produce cool and wet spring in the upper Midwest. I say 'tend' because La Nina and El Nino (ENSO teleconnects for you weather geeks) have only been studied back to the 1970's so there arent large sample sizes to generalize from.

Given the fast zonal flow on the computer models, it is probably going to stay on the cloudy and rainy side:sad:

On the possible happy side we have an expectation that a El Nino will develop by winter which generally means warm and dry.

CyPride

Oct 12, 2008
Keep the politics out of this thread or it will be moved to the cave.

Al Gore is no longer a political figure. He is a global warming advocate for business reasons. I didn't enter his name for political reasons, nor does the article I link contain political information - just weather/climate information.

I entered for global warming/global cooling, and Albert Gore is the face of Global warming.

Hope this response is OK and doesn't endanger the thread.

Reactions: TykeClone

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008

elnino33.jpg

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
not getting political, but global warming is a farce. The temperatures have been cooling for about the last 10 years.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
It's just the weather pattern that we're in. They change and people always seem to forget about the last time we were in a similar weather pattern. Then they think the sky is falling and the world is coming to an end.