We know what SoundOff will be about tonight

uthaman

Oct 18, 2006
Des Moines
Murphy is out on Twitter retweeting ISU fans celebrating Iowa's loss. So, tonight will be about how terrible us Cyclones are, and how we focus on Iowa.... While they are focusing on us... Irony is truly lost on the lost...

agcy68

Feb 9, 2007
Iowa
Murphy is out on Twitter retweeting ISU fans celebrating Iowa's loss. So, tonight will be about how terrible us Cyclones are, and how we focus on Iowa.... While they are focusing on us... Irony is truly lost on the lost...

The bigger irony is that if the shoe was on the other foot you would see the exact same thing from the UofI fans. Heck, if ISU struggles with UNI next week they (the uofi fans) will be all over it in a similar manner.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I haven't lived in central Iowa for 7-8 years, but I remember that 90% of Soundoff consisted of Iowa fans calling in to make crybaby excuses about ISU's Superbowl or ISU's entire season being the Iowa game. (this obviously was during the time they were losing the game every year)

I'd assume Soundoff tonight will be all Iowa fans admitting ISU was their Superbowl this year. Unless they're huge hypocrites, which almost all sports fans are by nature.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Maybe some will call in about poor old UNI.

First ISU, then UNI, then Drake, then Iowa. Black Saturday.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009

Murphy should talk to me. I went to bed at 11 with my belly full from going to Fogo de Choa in K.C. and didn't realize Iowa lost until the next morning.

Couldn't care about the game when it was being played, could care even less Iowa lost.

I think he, and the other sports media, want to keep this sort of crap going so they can have something to talk about. It's all left over from the Hayden Fry days. Fry would bash Iowa State every chance he got, and they media folks ate it up.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I think he, and the other sports media, want to keep this sort of crap going so they can have something to talk about. It's all left over from the Hayden Fry days. Fry would bash Iowa State every chance he got, and they media folks ate it up.

I agree with you. Keith even admitted in another Twitter/FB post that the Iowa fans would be doing the same thing if the shoe were on the other foot. So what's the story here? The answer is that there is no story, but Keith and Andy have to have something to talk about tonight.....as well as to fill 10 hours of radio shows this coming week, and this will be the topic they use to fill that time.

isugcs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 21, 2007
Waverly
Iowa lost because ISU is their superbowl, they'd better win some freaking games this year so they don't make isu look bad!!!

Me State

Oct 19, 2007
I'm downright proud to drive a Stiver's Ford.

I watched that segment once. Heard everyone talking about it so I watched it again.

I still don't see anything funny about it. The first time I was watching it with my wife and she even turned to me and said "wow this is bad."

Is there some inside joke I am missing because I still can't find anything funny about the skit?