We Are the Champions!

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

johnnydugouts

Jan 11, 2013
IMO it’s pre-Campbell thinking. I guarantee you Matt Campbell will never utter the words “Big 12 regular season champions”.

Nothing “wrong” with it per se but I think Campbell is enough of a competitor to find it almost offensive. It is little brother crap.

This is a fantastic day for Iowa State. It can be historic without making up things that don’t exist.

does he get a bonus for this championship?

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
SuperFanatic T2

What is the criteria for this level???? I WANT IT!

ZuriCyclone

Nov 10, 2019
Where will the cyclone fan base meeting up in Arlington to watch the game , who cannot get into a stadium? Trying to book hotel

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
The '94 season kicked off a 5 year run that went 0-10-1, 3-8, 2-9, 1-10, 3-8. Those seasons coincided with my years as a student at ISU. I will NEVER take what CMC has done for this program for granted. Ever.
Same exact years for me. It was definitely painful.

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
I think there should be 2 conference champions in football just like in basketball. How many regular season MBB titles did KU win in a row? Their regular season titles seemed to get every bit as much recognition as our MBB tournament championships.

I guess the main difference is that only the top 2 football teams get to compete after the end of the regular season. And that is a pretty big difference. Hopefully the team is still very hungry to reach new heights.

Last edited:

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
does he get a bonus for this championship?

according to his original contract he gets $250,000 if Iowa state ties or wins the Big 12 Regular Season Championship. Not sure if that was before the championship game was started or if it was amended later on in subsequent contracts. Also, there is no mention of CFP at all . Bonuses were 6 wins, regular season Big 12 champion, bowl game win, win or tie for Big 12 coach of the year.

Reactions: Latoya

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
I think there should be 2 conference champions in football just like in basketball. How many regular season MBB titles did KU win in a row? Their regular season titles seemed to get every bit as much recognition as our MBB tournament championships.

I guess the main difference is that only the top 2 football teams get to compete after the end of the regular season. And that is a pretty big difference. Hopefully the team is still very hungry to reach new heights.

Trying to find a way to claim the championship without winning the championship game is lame. I know we all want this team to be crowned league champs, but if Baylor didn’t claim it last year, we shouldn’t try to do it this year. We can’t be pettier than Baylor fans/admin, they are the worst.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Trying to find a way to claim the championship without winning the championship game is lame. I know we all want this team to be crowned league champs, but if Baylor didn’t claim it last year, we shouldn’t try to do it this year. We can’t be prettier than Baylor fans/admin, they are the worst.

We're not pretty?

Reactions: cycloneworld

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Trying to find a way to claim the championship without winning the championship game is lame. I know we all want this team to be crowned league champs, but if Baylor didn’t claim it last year, we shouldn’t try to do it this year. We can’t be pettier than Baylor fans/admin, they are the worst.
We’re smart enough to realize there are two prizes here.

How about you? Trying to claim we should be like Baylor...

Ick. I need a shower.

Reactions: t-noah

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
according to his original contract he gets $250,000 if Iowa state ties or wins the Big 12 Regular Season Championship. Not sure if that was before the championship game was started or if it was amended later on in subsequent contracts. Also, there is no mention of CFP at all . Bonuses were 6 wins, regular season Big 12 champion, bowl game win, win or tie for Big 12 coach of the year.

There has been a CCG for all of CMC's tenure.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
We’re smart enough to realize there are two prizes here.

How about you? Trying to claim we should be like Baylor...

Ick. I need a shower.

last time I checked there literally are not 2 prizes. I do t care what your feelings say about it, ISU is not conference champs unless they win on the 19th. That’s all there is to it.

• Agree
Reactions: isuno1fan

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
8 conference wins in a season.... before Campbell showed up it took 4 or 5 seasons to get to 8? His conference wins in three seasons has to be close to .... decades? of conference wins in the past? Anyone have the stats on that?
He is one conference win short of Macs total for his 12 seasons here.

• Informative
Reactions: CyclonesRock