We are done going to Bowls

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
The key is internal development. Improve yourself and the wins will follow.

The schedule is tough, but if you compete every week, you'll find ways to win.

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
The schedule is tough, but if you compete every week, you'll find ways to win.

We're getting the pieces in place, largest being a long term contract for PR. For long term consistency, winning seasons and regular bowl appearances, we also need to improve the star rating of our recruiting classes. Currently (per Scout) 16 at 2.38, last in the conference. I hope there's some 3's and 4's in the pipeline.

Scout.com: Football Recruiting

Cyrok

Oct 14, 2009
DSM
why is TX absolutely unbeatable now? This years game was way closer than the score, too many TOs and stupid penalties, the refs were horrible. I was not impressed with TX in the least this year.

This year's game should have been closer like you are saying, but there was an obvious difference physically between ISU and Texas. I remember watching a kick return and seeing their coverage team blow up our blockers - they were taller, bigger, faster and stronger than our guys. I was impressed with TX and if they get a QB they will be tough next year.

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
We're getting the pieces in place, largest being a long term contract for PR. For long term consistency, winning seasons and regular bowl appearances, we also need to improve the star rating of our recruiting classes. Currently (per Scout) 16 at 2.38, last in the conference. I hope there's some 3's and 4's in the pipeline.

Rivals has us at 20 at 2.75. Depends all where you look. But one could argue that this class is the best in a while.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009

Is there even a scout ISU board anymore? Considering they don't even have all the commits listed, I wouldn't pay much attention.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
This year's game should have been closer like you are saying, but there was an obvious difference physically between ISU and Texas. I remember watching a kick return and seeing their coverage team blow up our blockers - they were taller, bigger, faster and stronger than our guys. I was impressed with TX and if they get a QB they will be tough next year.

We are closer physically with Texas and Oklahoma then we have ever been.

That being said, there is a long way to go... but its not as far off as you may think.
Skill positions are where the real talent differences lay... but the trenches are fairly even - where years before we would be blown 3-4 yards off the line every play.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
You are correct.

People can say 'play the best to be the best' all you want, but that is, frankly, dumb. Sometimes you get better by playing someone better. More often, you take on the heavyweight champ and you get your *** knocked to the ground, and you've got nothing but a broken nose to show for it.
Yeah, because if we had played a bunch of mid-weenie teams this year instead of our actual schedule, it would have made it so much easier to be ready for OSU's offense and team speed!

:jimlad:

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Yeah, because if we had played a bunch of mid-weenie teams this year instead of our actual schedule, it would have made it so much easier to be ready for OSU's offense and team speed!

:jimlad:

This year, i'm not sure Iowa and Uconn would qualify as much more than 'mid-weenie teams'

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
I was ready to rip the OP a new one reading the original post and was ready to call him out for listing a schedule including teams not even in the Big12 any longer. Luckily I checked out the date before I put my keyboard muscles to work.

I think the "bump" was enough of a burn on the OP so we'll leave it at that.

Reactions: Ry4Cy