WBB - ISU vs Tech on Fox regional affiliates

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
If you are interested in some hoops before the MBB game the game is on some Fox regionals. On here in Minnesota on Fox Sports North.

ISU up 31-24 midway through 2nd quarter.

Johnson with four three's :) in the 1st quarter, the last a desperation shot as time expired - left handed. :eek:

Maybe a breakthrough game for Camber, she has three 3's after shooting poorly up till now this season. Could be a confidence builder.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
9-20 from three. Carleton was 1-7 of those so others were hot. Not guessing we can shoot 50% for the game. Hopefully we can get some points elsewhere. Zero free throws which isn't surprising when you shoot mostly threes but they are going in. We ahve always had threes as a big part of our game but we are really living or dying with it right now.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
And we die by the three losing 76-66 and going 1-10 from three in the 2nd half and losing in the 4th quarter in a familiar scenario so far in conference play.

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
Up by 7 at half, score only 29 in the 2nd half. Carlton is really struggling with her shot. Hope she can get it corrected, as we'll need her ifnwe want to make any sort of post season.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
When is BF going to figure out that he can't play the big 3 for 35+ minutes and expect them to have anything or at least enough left in the 4th quarter? It didn't work last year, and it won't work this year. Meanwhile, he has cut Durr's minutes in half. I don't care if she is in his "doghouse". He needs to realize that he needs her and other reserves to win games, and put his childish feelings aside and work things out with the player.

He keeps playing those 3 for this many minutes, and the record will be even worse than last year. It would be a shame to have Seanna go out like that, imho.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
This team just isn't that good - let's be honest. Four of the five games lost are because they can't close out the 4th quarter. We don't have a player that seems to want to take over a game or have the ball in their hand when the game is tight.

We were 5-13 in the conference a year ago, and we will be lucky to be 5-13 this year. As an almost 20 year season ticket holder it is getting harder and harder to go to games.

• Dislike
Reactions: Jnecker4cy

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Up by 7 at half, score only 29 in the 2nd half. Carlton is really struggling with her shot. Hope she can get it corrected, as we'll need her ifnwe want to make any sort of post season.
They have Carleton playing outside way too much. She has quickness, the moves, and strength for her size - 6'1" - to get points in the paint and even play with her back to the basket depending on the match-up. She's the not best shooter around - 12-38 for the first Big 12 games, 5-20 from three...yet she's stationed outside like she's 5'9''...

• Agree
Reactions: barometriclow

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Meanwhile, he has cut Durr's minutes in half. I don't care if she is in his "doghouse". He needs to realize that he needs her and other reserves to win games, and put his childish feelings aside and work things out with the player.

Childish feelings?

+/- of -14 in her last 7 minutes of play.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
You couldn't find a smaller sample size? :rolleyes:

That's the last 2 games. With her on the floor, a 4-point deficit against Texas went to 11 in 2 minutes. Tonight, a 5-point lead went to a 2-point deficit in her 5 minutes of play.

But it's all because of a personal vendetta that she isn't playing lately, right?

• Agree
Reactions: isufbcurt

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
That's the last 2 games. With her on the floor, a 4-point deficit against Texas went to 11 in 2 minutes. Tonight, a 5-point lead went to a 2-point deficit in her 5 minutes of play.

But it's all because of a personal vendetta that she isn't playing lately, right?

Still a stupidly small sample. But, yah, she was playing okay but now she totally sucks.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA

Last time I checked there are four others players on the court with her. But it's all her fault. Give me a ****ing break!

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
They have Carleton playing outside way too much. She has quickness, the moves, and strength for her size - 6'1" - to get points in the paint and even play with her back to the basket depending on the match-up. She's the not best shooter around - 12-38 for the first Big 12 games, 5-20 from three...yet she's stationed outside like she's 5'9''...

Bridget doesn't give a good effort on defense, IMO. She's a very gifted athlete, but look at her rebounding numbers. She should be much better there. Bill doesn't hold her accountable in the same manner as Durr. I don't know what the deal is. Hey, Bill, you're pissing another season down your leg. Finishing in the top half of the conference shouldn't be the benchmark of this program, anymore.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Bridget doesn't give a good effort on defense, IMO. She's a very gifted athlete, but look at her rebounding numbers. She should be much better there. Bill doesn't hold her accountable in the same manner as Durr. I don't know what the deal is. Hey, Bill, you're pissing another season down your leg. Finishing in the top half of the conference shouldn't be the benchmark of this program, anymore.

Lifetime contract, dude, and he has never seemingly really aspired to win the conference which I guess is impossible anyway with Baylor firmly entrenched as the class of the Big 12. Our RPI has slipped to triple figures. I was predicting 9-9 but really that would be a surprise to me at this point. 0-5 so far against P5 competition doesn't inspire confidence. If I had to guess today I'd say no dance.

Reactions: MJN

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron