WBB: Iowa State hosts Kansas at 6:30 ESPN+

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
Rebound tally by the end of the 3rd quarter, 45-26 total rebounds, 20-5 offensive. The total rebound difference is the same as the scoring difference.

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
This has been the most balanced scoring game by our four freshmen in this season. Lexi 11, Emily 9, Kylie 9, and Aubrey 9 so far.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
This has been the most balanced scoring game by our four freshmen in this season. Lexi 11, Emily 9, Kylie 9, and Aubrey 9 so far.
So relieved to watch Lexi get more points than fouls.

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
Unfortunately, the Wildcats didn't become the tigers and the purple kitties couldn't beat the mountaineers. So we will most likely get the rematch with Texas in the Big12 tournament.

Overall, 12-6 to finish the regular season for a young team is a pretty good record.

• Agree
Reactions: GT25Ump

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
When there was 5 minutes left I remarked how long this game was taking. Had radio on in another room and they were saying the game was over. Apparently at one time during the game instead of muting the audio I had paused the broadcast. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY and bozclone

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
Our freshmen contributed 40 of the 84 pts in this game. Lexi and Kylie scored 11 pts each, Emily and Audrey got 9 pts each.

If you want to nitpick, Rae didn't score any point in the game. We missed 3 free throws and couldn't get to the #1 PT% spot in NCAA D1 standings.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Unfortunately, the Wildcats didn't become the tigers and the purple kitties couldn't beat the mountaineers. So we will most likely get the rematch with Texas in the Big12 tournament.

Overall, 12-6 to finish the regular season for a young team is a pretty good record.

Pretty much where the Big 12 coaches picked us pre-season. They picked us as a strong #3 and we are only a game from that. 12-6 is good for 3rd in most Big 12 years. If you go by coaches expectations Okie State overachieved, Texas unachieved. WVU also overachieved a bit and hung on short rostered to keep a tie for 2nd (they aren't beating Baylor so 13-5 with OSU). And Kansas is right where the coaches picked 'em, last place.

1614825363922.png

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
When there was 5 minutes left I remarked how long this game was taking. Had radio on in another room and they were saying the game was over. Apparently at one time during the game instead of muting the audio I had paused the broadcast. ;)

Damn, dude, I've done that before to. :D

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
Just heard on the radio. ISU will play the first Big12 tournament quarter-final match at 10:30 AM on Friday, March 12. Noah Wolf and Jamie Steyer will broadcast live in Kansas City.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
As I usually do, post then read the thread. 54 REBOUNDS!!!!!!! A icy cold 1st qtr led to a slow start for the ladies one set down on offense they had I believe 5 offensive boards and still didn't score. Joens even missed some free throws. After that the ladies just kept chipping away and slowly pulled away. It was a great way to end the home season. On to KC and hopefully the ncaa tourney. Side note Iowa took the loss at Indiana earlier in the day.

I believe if I heard the post game correctly our 1st game in KC will be the Horn$. Tall task for the ladies, but I believe the 3rd time will be a charm. (Yep I'm an optimist when it comes to WBB) Noh the radio announcer grew on my during the season. I think he did pretty good for his 1st yr.

Mini Rant how in the world couldn't Prohm walk across the building over in Sukup and ask for some advice on how to improve things. Maybe he did and it just didn't work out. Oh well I'm grateful for the ladies entertaining season.

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
Our freshmen contributed 40 of the 84 pts in this game. Lexi and Kylie scored 11 pts each, Emily and Audrey got 9 pts each.

If you want to nitpick, Rae didn't score any point in the game. We missed 3 free throws and couldn't get to the #1 PT% spot in NCAA D1 standings.

Just a small fix for this it was 43 by the freshmen as Izzy had 3, everyone seems to forget she is also a member of that group.

• Useful
Reactions: CyclonesFan4ever

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
Just a small fix for this it was 43 by the freshmen as Izzy had 3, everyone seems to forget she is also a member of that group.
My bad. How could I forget Izzi, my new favorite Canadian Cyclone? Gotta keep reminding myself we have not four, but five freshmen on the team. ;)

Tornado F4 Scale.jpg Upgrade.jpg Tornado F5 Scale.jpg

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: GT25Ump and NWICY

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
As I usually do, post then read the thread. 54 REBOUNDS!!!!!!! A icy cold 1st qtr led to a slow start for the ladies one set down on offense they had I believe 5 offensive boards and still didn't score. Joens even missed some free throws. After that the ladies just kept chipping away and slowly pulled away. It was a great way to end the home season. On to KC and hopefully the ncaa tourney. Side note Iowa took the loss at Indiana earlier in the day.

I believe if I heard the post game correctly our 1st game in KC will be the Horn$. Tall task for the ladies, but I believe the 3rd time will be a charm. (Yep I'm an optimist when it comes to WBB) Noh the radio announcer grew on my during the season. I think he did pretty good for his 1st yr.

Mini Rant how in the world couldn't Prohm walk across the building over in Sukup and ask for some advice on how to improve things. Maybe he did and it just didn't work out. Oh well I'm grateful for the ladies entertaining season.
You mean like an out-of-bounds play where you actually score?

Give CBF credit, his out-of-bounds plays this year have been very good.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron