WBB: Cyclones versus Oklahoma Sooners at 1:30 p.m. ESPN2/ESPN+

Dale

Mar 5, 2010
Chicagoland
Imo we're inching towards a 7 and Williams has mentioned 6 a few times.
Looking at Creme's 5-8 seeds (plus Iowa State), Iowa State now has the best Q1A-equivalent* record of any of the teams in that bunch. That said, they also have more less-than-great losses than most (but not all) of the 5/6/7-seeded teams. If I were reseeding -- and trying to be as objective as possible -- after OU I'd put them in the middle of the 6s. I could understand a 7, but worse than that gets a little crazy.

* Qualifier added because someone mentioned that the women's bracket no longer uses quadrants, but the general idea of a Q1A win (even if it's not called that) still holds.

Last edited:
Reactions: swclone11

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I will say Sheryl Swoopes could not say enough good things about Audi today, even kept calling her big girl. I remember thinking that if we were the losing team, I'd be pissed that the announcers said very little about our team. They did, but the accolades for Audi and Co. just overwhelmed the rest.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
I will say Sheryl Swoopes could not say enough good things about Audi today, even kept calling her big girl. I remember thinking that if we were the losing team, I'd be pissed that the announcers said very little about our team. They did, but the accolades for Audi and Co. just overwhelmed the rest.
Lobo too was riding the Crooks train with several compliments.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Iowa State has not lost a semi final game against OU. 3-0 against the Sooners in semi final games.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
For some reason I thought this was tonight. Went to check game time and was very happy to see that score!! Nice work to the women!

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
The fact that this semi final game is on a Monday afternoon just seems like a gigantic miss by the Big 12.
Tot at 5'3, Ryan is just under six foot and she knows all of the Okie's moves. Tot was arcing in and Em put herself at the center of that arc and she pretty much never was out of position. Her quick reaction block proved that.

Help Support Us

Become a patron