WBB: Cyclones versus Oklahoma Sooners at 1:30 p.m. ESPN2/ESPN+

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Watching the K-State/Texas game. What happened to all the Iowa State fans sitting behind the away team bench? I thought this was a single session with reserved seats. Did we pull an Iowa Nice move and give up our seats for K-State fans? Or did we just grab open seats until the K-State fans with tickets showed up?

They left to plant listening devices in KState locker room.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
That is an interesting comment. In 2004, we hosted the WNIT on 3/19/2004 and were scheduled to host the Big 12 Gymnastics meet on 3/20/2004. They moved the Big 12 Gymnastics meet to the Knapp Center.

Is there a reason if OU was chosen to host, they couldn't move gymnastics elsewhere. I know OU sells out gymnastics, but there isn't somewhere in OKC that couldn't host?

Gymnastics will be their excuse, but getting pounded today likely ended their chance of hosting. K-State may sneak in there instead.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
One of the interesting events today…behind the OU bench are OU fans as mentioned. A row of teenagers (young guys) immediately behind the bench. They are major OU homers and yelling about every call and berating the officials. Geewago said Jenny finally turned to them during a timeout and told them to shut up. Wish I had seen it. They were majorly obnoxious.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
When OU beat us in Hilton, it seemed that they did a really good job of double-teaming Audi when she got the ball down low. Did they not try to do it as much today? Or did we just do a better job of counteracting it?

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
OU number one in the country and back to back national champs…that will take precedent over their basketball.
70 percent of OU fans care about falll football. 25% care about spring football. Then 3 percent softball, 2 percent gymnastics and .0002 percent care about women’s basketball.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
One of the interesting events today…behind the OU bench are OU fans as mentioned. A row of teenagers (young guys) immediately behind the bench. They are major OU homers and yelling about every call and berating the officials. Geewago said Jenny finally turned to them during a timeout and told them to shut up. Wish I had seen it. They were majorly obnoxious.
Ok that makes sense. I saw her turn to that part of the crowd down the stretch and say something. She looked pissed.

• Funny
Reactions: StClone

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Did I hear the announcers say repeatedly that "THE 4 major conferences crowned their champions yesterday" or that "4 of the major conferences crowned their champions yesterday"?
She actually repeated it, despite the Big 12 outranking the ACC and Big Ten as conferences in RPI.

• Wow
Reactions: StClone

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
When OU beat us in Hilton, it seemed that they did a really good job of double-teaming Audi when she got the ball down low. Did they not try to do it as much today? Or did we just do a better job of counteracting it?
Audi worked her ass off and was able to get to her spot for the most part today. In Ames she was getting to the mid post and trying to put the ball on the floor. Today she outworked OU. All day.

• Informative
Reactions: rosshm16 and Cycsk

jcf817

Mar 2, 2023
North Carolina
Did I hear the announcers say repeatedly that "THE 4 major conferences crowned their champions yesterday" or that "4 of the major conferences crowned their champions yesterday"?
I could swear I heard the same thing. I had a momentary WTF? and then just assumed I heard it wrong.

Help Support Us

Become a patron