Washington hires Jedd Fisch

Status
Not open for further replies.

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Wondering how much his comment after bowl game about the future of Iowa State football was handwriting on the wall.
"It's as bright as you want it to be".
Sounds a bit like ... hey, I've brought you this far, the future is up to you.
We will see.
Yes because he knew Saban was retiring and that DeBoer would be the successor at Alabama. Dude can’t call a pass play on first down, but can predict that far into the future? Gimme a break

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
Seattle and San Fran are the best food cities in the country if you have the $$$ to spend. Like any big city the annoying parts become a lot less annoying with wealth.

I love LA but it's more about the limitless outdoor rec activies within a 4 hour drive than food.

Seattle traffic is surprisingly bad and seems to funnel through just two major highways but last time I was there I got stuck on it for three hours because a truck carrying oxygen and propane exploded so I have a skewed perspective.
Well, there's only two N/S interstates between the sound and the mountains, and they go on either side of a couple big lakes that make it hard to go E/W. The geography forces everyone through a narrow corridor. And yeah it's still awful.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
I don’t think Campbell is going to be a serious candidate for big time coaching jobs again until he has another 2020 kind of season. The kind of places that would want him right now aren’t the kind of places he would consider, IMO.

Campbell is still a serious candidate for many big time coaching jobs, even with whats happened the last 2-3 years, no matter what many on here want to believe. A coach who has finished 4th or better in the big 12, 75% of his time at Iowa State will still be getting looks by athletic directors across the country.

Last edited:

jdubs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 5, 2011
How do you think these “duds” would go over at the bigger schools? You think Washington and Alabama are going to accept losing to Memphis and Ohio? I think most Iowa State fans are past accepting these losses too.
I don't know why you got dumbed down for this. It's 100% accurate.
For what it's worth no one is talking about Campbell on Washington's 247 board. They have a premium article with 5 candidates and he's not one of them, and I don't think I've seen anyone even mention him as a possibility. Doesn't necessarily mean much, but they aren't talking about him at all, even to say there is no way they want him.
I have no idea how Washington would sell their fanbase that just played for a national title on a coach who has never won 10 games, doesn't recruit well, and just lost to G5 Memphis. I like Campbell but those are just facts that ADs and fanbases are going to look at.

ZmillaTLK

Roll Clones Baby
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 15, 2022
Altoona, Iowa
I truly believe Campbell will not voluntarily leave Iowa State, How many times have we been through this already, and with how many he has possibly turned down. but also bosco is right the only ones saying and mentioning Campbell leaving are other BIG XII schools.

Reactions: aauummm and NWICY

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Des Moines has a homeless problem. Just part of urban life and has little to nothing to do with politics
I think any town of over 10-20,000 has a homeless problem. But they don't have a lot of services to help them both on a physical and mental level.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I keep thinking if Pete Carroll was 5-10 years younger, I'd really target him.
If he was willing to do it I'd hire him. He looks like he could coach another 5 years at least and based on his comments it didn't seem like he really wanted to step down. That said I doubt he wants to go back to the college game.

• Agree
Reactions: jdubs

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
If he was willing to do it I'd hire him. He looks like he could coach another 5 years at least and based on his comments it didn't seem like he really wanted to step down. That said I doubt he wants to go back to the college game.
Yeah you'd think if he still had a slight itch, he wouldn't even have to move.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I think any town of over 10-20,000 has a homeless problem. But they don't have a lot of services to help them both on a physical and mental level.
My hometown of 2000 has homeless every now and then. Some are transients, but one was a local guy who lived with his parents and got into drugs and his parents finally got fed up with it and kicked him out. Lived in the woods on the edge of town for quite a while. Think he moved on to who knows where. These types of stories happen everywhere.

• Agree
Reactions: Cloneon and NWICY

JimmyChitwood

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 3, 2015
Southern Iowa
Now that DeBoer is going to Bama, the Washington job is open.

Campbell is the type of loyal dude to stay there and build the program back up with minimal needs and isn't asking for $10M a year so can pay coordinators and ride the ship while Washington waits to get their full share of B1G money.

Was fun while it lasted.
This is dumb

jdubs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 5, 2011
The only people talking about MC being a possible replacement for other coaching jobs are other B12 schools. Let that sink in.
I've seen national reporters mention Campbell as a candidate. I have not seen other B12 "schools" or their media members mention it. I'm sure the other schools wouldn't mind our best coach in history leaving but I'm also pretty confident KSU and KU aren't worried about Campbell either. Hell, Leipold is punking Campbell on the field and off, taking ISU legacy recruits.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I've seen national reporters mention Campbell as a candidate. I have not seen other B12 "schools" or their media members mention it. I'm sure the other schools wouldn't mind our best coach in history leaving but I'm also pretty confident KSU and KU aren't worried about Campbell either. Hell, Leipold is punking Campbell on the field and off, taking ISU legacy recruits.

Like who?

And what is their source?

Reactions: jcyclonee

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Campbell missed his best window to leave. If he was really interested in going he would have done it already. That said, his name will keep popping up in these reports as long as he keeps having some level of success at a place the national media considers a lesser school. Just lazy journalism, nothing more.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Campbell missed his best window to leave. If he was really interested in going he would have done it already. That said, his name will keep popping up in these reports as long as he keeps having some level of success at a place the national media considers a lesser school. Just lazy journalism, nothing more.
I agree. He was rejected by Notre Dame. He was rejected by Ohio State. He likes Ames. He's appreciated here. He doesn't seem like he needs to maximize his monetary value. I don't think he goes elsewhere unless he falls off a cliff and I don't see that happening.

Reactions: NWICY

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
I legitimately think Matt could have had that Lions job if he wanted it. Agreed he missed his window if he really wanted to leave and I imagine he’s aware of that.

• Agree
Reactions: SCarolinaCy
Status
Not open for further replies.