Waco SUCKS

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
WOW - That's all I can say about those pictures. You can hear the crickets from here!

This one is the one that really makes me laugh:

3556d1223932317-waco-sucks-102_1651.jpg

I just love the "Where is everybody"? pose.

Osoprimo

Oct 6, 2008
Kinda nice to be able to go to a game in shorts and flip flops isn't it? I loved going to take finals in December in flip flops and shorts too.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
It was like 75 in Central Iowa on Saturday. It honestly doesn't usually get too bad until the very end of the season.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Can you stop going to road games please?

Ya know Super you could be rite...If these guys/gals on this board want to go on the road and see ISU win...

Well what can I tellya...Not gonna happen this year or next in the good old big 12...

btw I have been to road games at...Iowa 1977-78-80-82...NebbieX4--Ku, Mizzou,K-State for the last 38years...Also been to Oklahoma...never been to okie state or colorado...I didnt see many wins but I had a good time anyway.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Kinda nice to be able to go to a game in shorts and flip flops isn't it? I loved going to take finals in December in flip flops and shorts too.

Kinda nice to not die when we get an inch of snow on the roads. I love not dying in December when we get snow too.

BaylorGuy314

Oct 12, 2008
FWIW,

Where those pictures are taken are not really the tailgating area, per se. That's a premium parking area and to tailgate there, you'd have to buy an extra spot which ain't cheap. That being said, tailgating was still very weak this past weekend. Far weaker than normal. In fact, that was the least tailgating I've seen for a Saturday game in quite a while...probably since the Steele era.

That being said, you ain't gonna get a whole lot of tailgaters for an ISU-Baylor game when you have OU-Texas playing earlier that day. (Even if you hate the Longhorns, most still watch that game.)

As I mentioned earlier, Baylor fans are still pretty lame when it comes to football. The average BU fan will support a winner, as proven by other sports, but when you haven't won more than 5 games in a year (and usually less than that) for 13 straight years, fans simply stop showing up (especially early) except for regional opponents (Texas, TxA&M, TxTech, SMU, TCU, etc).

But I digress...Hopefully next time the Clones come down here, the Bears will have won a few more games and the environment will be better.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
I'll get my pictures up tomorrow maybe (way too tired tonight), there were more people there, but that said there still weren't many... the lot I parked in was mostly occupied by ISU fans and the cars of the band members

BaylorGuy314

Oct 12, 2008
Ironically, since drinking is prohibited on the stadium site (technically, although not enforced stringently anymore), it's not uncommon to see Baylor fans "rent" the yard of a home bordering the stadium property. That way, as long as they are of legal age, they can drink merrily without consequence.

One of Baylor's biggest problems has been that the tailgating that does occur is so spread out. Baylor promotes it creekside for alumni (which is very nice, but expensive) while at the same time they encourage it in a different area for students, and then you have a large % of people who rent a yard from someone.

They need to bring it all together and it would be much better. In fact, I sent this idea to them not long ago:

thegrove.jpg

All I got was that the idea was good and they would consider it...which means they won't.