Versus

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Great question! Infractions (points) are more of a warning system. It's mostly just an easy way for us to shoot a user a "hey, this probably isn't cool" message that has a record (unlike when we just do a normal PM). We don't have a formal "X infractions/points = X days of ban" policy - mostly we just keep an eye out. If someone is on a tear and doesn't respond well to warnings, we usually do a temp ban.

So, honestly, infractions aren't the worst thing in the world - it's someone wanting to give you a head's up that something was seen as inappropriate without having to go to a temp ban or something.

Well, I've been warned a couple times, but never been banned (yet). I usually play well with others.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Well, I've been warned a couple times, but never been banned (yet). I usually play well with others.

Usually people get the warnings and understand the reason, and mostly cool down on the behavior. There are some instances where it gets people provoked, though, and that becomes a vicious cycle. I can say that I don't know of any mods who get off on banning or infracting people (it sort of sucks, people get mad at you) - it's sort of a necessary evil. :)

K

KFitzy87

Usually people get the warnings and understand the reason, and mostly cool down on the behavior. There are some instances where it gets people provoked, though, and that becomes a vicious cycle. I can say that I don't know of any mods who get off on banning or infracting people (it sort of sucks, people get mad at you) - it's sort of a necessary evil. :)
What's the shortest time someone could possibly get banned for?

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
What's the shortest time someone could possibly get banned for?

I think one day is the smallest increment we have. Are you volunteering to test it out? :wink:

K

KFitzy87

I think one day is the smallest increment we have. Are you volunteering to test it out? :wink:
I was hoping for a five minute increment so I could say I got banned and be in the cool kids club

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I was hoping for a five minute increment so I could say I got banned and be in the cool kids club

Yeah, there's no custom option, so I couldn't even put in a decimal. :( Sorry about that!

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Sweet and it's not even close. That's like asking whether you like unfrosted cake or cake.

No way! I love iced tea, drink it all the time... but sweet tea just makes me want to puke. Its the single worst tasting thing I've ever had. Just awful.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron