UW-La Crosse @ ISU Exhibition

907CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 30, 2010
Northern Polk County
The Scott that I saw play in high school showed up today. She has a pure 3 pt shot and it will be nice to see her develop her game even more. Rae looked a little out of shape at the end of the game but it was pretty obvious why she and Scott were 1 and 2 in the state of Minn. last year. U of M. did not think that they were good enough to recruit as sophomores and both verbaled to the Cyclones and I for one am glad they did. My only disappointment was with Burkhall. She looks the same as last season. She still stands around on defense and looks lost at times on the floor. But, it is good to have 4 bigs to do battle inside. No more 5-10 post players. Bring on South Dakota...

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Most players will have a problem with a taller player. IMO she won't be pushed around like some have been in the past. She in some ways reminds me of Pop as she takes no prisoners and is 2" taller.

Agree she has the size to hold her own position-wise, except she really isn't two inches taller than Poppens. Well, on paper she is taller, just not so much in real life. Think Pops listing was slightly exaggerated, Brides is very much exaggerated.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
The Scott that I saw play in high school showed up today. She has a pure 3 pt shot and it will be nice to see her develop her game even more. Rae looked a little out of shape at the end of the game but it was pretty obvious why she and Scott were 1 and 2 in the state of Minn. last year. U of M. did not think that they were good enough to recruit as sophomores and both verbaled to the Cyclones and I for one am glad they did. My only disappointment was with Burkhall. She looks the same as last season. She still stands around on defense and looks lost at times on the floor. But, it is good to have 4 bigs to do battle inside. No more 5-10 post players. Bring on South Dakota...

She had a good game in the scrimmage against the Huskers per the box also. I know she mentioned coming here because of the post opportunity when she committed but if we have a starter at post and can have her in a game at a power forward like position it might add something we have never had, a tall athlete who can shoot from outside that doesn't HAVE to play post because of need (aka Hallie as a senior). Plus adding some actual length on the defense along with Wise. She might be a Hallie with better rebounding?

In the Gophers defense, it's hard to project on 15-16 year olds although they have had a lot of misses in the last few years and also some like this were they didn't even swing.. Likely a break for us that they committed as sophomores.

Last edited:

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
Agree she has the size to hold her own position-wise, except she really isn't two inches taller than Poppens. Well, on paper she is taller, just not so much in real life. Think Pops listing was slightly exaggerated, Brides is very much exaggerated.

It is so hard to tell. She appears to be as tall as Scott who is listed at 6 3, taller than Wise who is 6 1, but shorter than Mere who is listed at 6 3. ....Maybe Mere's is accurate? Though, I have wondered sometimes if Mere is taller than 6 3, I'm 6 2, and she seemed a bit taller than me.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Most players will have a problem with a taller player. IMO she won't be pushed around like some have been in the past. She in some ways reminds me of Pop as she takes no prisoners and is 2" taller.

She sort of reminds me of Jamie Olson (Spelling?) from Bill's really early teams. Solid on the inside so she shouldn't get pushed around. That Rutger's game back then she was just getting hammered with no calls. She just finally shoved one of them into the BB basket support, and got by with it if I remember right.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Bride has really good feet for a post her size. I think she improves a bunch as the year progresses.

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98

gizzsdad

Mar 4, 2009
It is so hard to tell. She appears to be as tall as Scott who is listed at 6 3, taller than Wise who is 6 1, but shorter than Mere who is listed at 6 3. ....Maybe Mere's is accurate? Though, I have wondered sometimes if Mere is taller than 6 3, I'm 6 2, and she seemed a bit taller than me.

I think 6-3 is about right for for Mere. Bride is at least two inches shorter.

• Agree
Reactions: BoxsterCy

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014

While we are on the subject of height, Nia Washington listed at 5'7" on the roster must be a typo.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

While we are on the subject of height, Nia Washington listed at 5'7" on the roster must be a typo.

Couldn't resist...saw this posted the other day when Adriana and Nia got letter jackets. :rolleyes:

23316422_1625403114146948_8678173492222236032_n.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: runbikeswim

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
Couldn't resist...saw this posted the other day when Adriana and Nia got letter jackets. :rolleyes:

23316422_1625403114146948_8678173492222236032_n.jpg

Too funny. AD is listed at 5 10, and Nia 5 7, and Nia's heels are what, at least an inch higher? I often find short players have advantages, they just need to own them.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Too funny. AD is listed at 5 10, and Nia 5 7, and Nia's heels are what, at least an inch higher? I often find short players have advantages, they just need to own them.

To be clear I am not picking on Nia, just find the whole height as listed thing sort of amusing. Not sure what the purpose of all of the odd listings are.

• Agree
Reactions: runbikeswim

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron