SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
17-10 early on.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Will be interesting to see the new gls in a real game next Friday. Exhibition is so weird with LaCrosse playing nine and us playing 10 in the first quarter.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ignoring the fact that it's an exhibition, it's nice to see the freshman not looking lost out there. Many times freshman players look out of place in their first few opportunities on the court, I think this shows quality of this year's rookie group.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
47-26 at the half

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Ignoring the fact that it's an exhibition, it's nice to see the freshman not looking lost out there. Many times freshman players look out of place in their first few opportunities on the court, I think this shows quality of this year's rookie group.

I think people were hyped on Wise and Kennedy-Hopoate and sleeping some on Scott and Johnson. They should not sleep on the Minnesota gals, they are good players.

Cynonymous

Aug 14, 2015
Good stuff from the new faces. Long ways to go but there are some hints of potential. Offense was rough, but it seemed clear that the team was told to move the ball and it paid off well as the game wore on. About as much as you can expect from an exhibition, but its clear there is versatility and talent through the roster. We'll see how they mesh and develop as the schedule gets tougher.

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
From what I could see on CycloneTV on my phone, Camber has taken a huge step forward. Team has talent. I'm always optimistic at this time of year. Even CBF looks good.

Reactions: riceville98

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
Loved how Angry Bride played and her passing ability out of the post. If everyone does have the 3 greenlight like it appeared, going to be fun seeing ISU offense of old return the next couple years.

Was happy to see great ball movement.

Can see why coach has been so more "joyful" this year.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
I was quite impressed with how all the new faces were significant contributors today, but especially impressed with how Camber really showed up and proved that she can be relied upon to produce this season. Most of us probably assumed that she was capable from the small bits of time she saw the court last season, but today indicated that she's ready for significant floor time. I didn't care for all the 3s we gave up, but that goes with the territory, I suppose. But I thought we did a decent job with interior defense and got a LOT of boards (45) and steals (16).

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
Not sure if everyone saw it, but Nia seemed to tweek an ankle or something late in the game. Haven't seen it talked about so guessing it is just a sprain, but it looked like she walked out of Hilton with it heavily wrapped and not putting a lot of pressure on it.

• Informative
Reactions: riceville98

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Not sure if everyone saw it, but Nia seemed to tweek an ankle or something late in the game. Haven't seen it talked about so guessing it is just a sprain, but it looked like she walked out of Hilton with it heavily wrapped and not putting a lot of pressure on it.

Seen her walking on it pretty tenderly to the bench when it happened didn't hear anything about it on the part of the post game show I caught.

I thought the team looked pretty darn good for the first game of the season. I don't think many people are going to push Bride around in the paint. I've seen us look much worse in exhibition games than we did to day. They looked much more polished than the men's team did later that day.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Molly mentioned on the TV cast that she had been practicing with a sore ankle and looked like she reinjured it. She was playing with some bracing on that ankle.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron