USMNT - Gold Cup

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
The US adjusted their roster heading into the knockout rounds of the Gold Cup. Omar Gonzalez, Matt Besler, Alan Gordon, and Eddie Johnson have been added. Gooch, Herculez, Jack Mac, and Corey Ashe have been released back to their clubs.

I like the thought of getting Omar & Besler more reps together. They are clearly the front runners for the 2 CB spots for the squad right now & getting them more time on the pitch together is solid idea. And I highly doubt that JK has called them into the squad to have them rotate. If they are there, you have to think the goal is to let them play. I think Eddie Johnson can be useful as well. If teams are going to try to pressure the US and play a high back line to clog the midfield, Johnson will be a useful tool to keep other teams honest. That's not really a role that Wondo is suited for so having a speedy forward who is willing to constantly make back shoulder runs could come in handy at some point.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
Panama pimp slapped Cuba today to advance and Mexico squeaks by Trinidad and Tobago with a goal in the 84th minute. TnT's keeper was out of his mind in their match. It's too bad they have to bow out after such an amazing performance.

USA is up tomorrow.

Last edited:

Althetuna

Ducky was the best dog.
SuperFanatic
Jul 7, 2012
Somewhere in the Minneapolis Area
Panama pimp slapped Cuba today to advance and Mexico squeaks by Trinidad and Tobago with a goal in the 84th minute. TnT's keeper was out of his mind in their match. It's too bad they have to bow out after such an amazing performance.

USA is up tomorrow.

Agreed, the goal keeper was excellent but T&T never really threatened at any point in the match. Watching the match I felt it was either going to end up finishing with PK's or Mexico was going to score.

To me it looks like USA's year, the semi-final match might be the bigger challenge.

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
Coverage starts at 2:30 on Fox today. Has anyone (Ian or Shag) heard what the lineup is yet?

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
Half expected this to be posted already

Rimando; Parkhurst, Besler, Goodson, Beasley; Beckerman, Diskerud; Torres, Donovan, Corona; Wondolowski

No Stu and no Eddie Johnson kinda surprised

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
This is why they don't hold CONCACAF games on the east coast.

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
Why wouldn't we continue with Orozco in the starting lineup next to Besler? Goodson has been a disaster all tourney

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
Goodson :) put him at striker! Hopefully he doesn't give one back. Worried about El Salvador's pace around him

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron