USMNT - Gold Cup

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
Do you guys think Klinsmann will start Stu Holden, Brek Shea and Alejandro Bedoya? I think he is going to continue to bring those guys off the bench as he seems unconfident about their match fitness comin back off injury. Hopefully he does start a couple of them tho

PhillipJCY

Mar 7, 2012
New New York
Probably won't start all of them against Cuba. Maybe Shea. I can see him starting Holden vs Costa Rica though. After his 45 he will get tonight.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
USMNT Starting Lineup: Rimando; Castillo, Orozco, Onyewu (c), Beltran; Shea, Beckerman, Holden, Corona; Gomez, Donovan

2 of the 3. Hopefully Holden continues to impress. Would love to see him starting at the WC.

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
I am gonna stop trying to figure out Jurgen's lineup selection. We get Stu, but no Mix and Beckerman instead. Also why start Gomez over Wondo?

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Playing Beckerman might have been a favor for the RSL fans (the few that are in the stadium right now)... I dunno. Maybe we'll see Mix after the half. I'd like to see Jack Mack come on as a sub in the 2nd half.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Wow. That was a nice goal for Cuba. Gotta step our game up in the final third.

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
Shea looks like he doesn't even care.

Shea has been brutal. Not only has his attacking been lacking (giving the ball away and some of the worst crosses ever), he isn't giving any support defensively. Same for Corona on the other wing. It is one way play for our wings right now and it is putting Stu and Beckerman plus the D in a bind.

There are so many changes that need to be made that I think you have to give everyone 5-10 mins out of half before u sub. I'd love to see Mix, Torres, Bedoya and Wondo brought on but u can only make 3 subs.

PhillipJCY

Mar 7, 2012
New New York
I'm hoping this is a last test game for the squad before the more difficult matches. If it is then never again will Gooch play. I have been reminded that Castillo is a defensive liability. Shea looks lost. I hope Mix comes in so him and Holden can run the midfield like the last half against Belize.