Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

hiltonisheaven

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Randy is such a cringey dbag. That is a dumb question in any format, but if he has to ask then it should have been an email.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
BY press conference today... lmao at Randy's question at the end. Brett put him in his place. LOL Randy is a weirdo for a reporter. Other than Randy, some good questions.

So Randy asks a **** question and Yormark gives an answer much better than the question deserved.

Randy's complaint was followed up by a good question about streaming and that received a strong answer about branding, ESPN's commitment to make the platform better, and the partnership.

JFC, Randy....go sit in the goddam parking lot

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I can’t believe he actually asked that. You have the actually person leading realignment charge sitting in front of you and your one question is regarding where the media is sitting now? What!?

I wonder if he has yet realized the legacy media in Iowa is actually among the biggest sworn enemies to ISU and the Big 12 and that outlets like this site are the only actual Iowa State sports media.

Wonder how it will shake out in Utah. Pretty much every other B12 market is going to be a Big 12 cheerleader or at least not have an obvious gigantic axe to grind the way the DMR and most of the local TV channels always have.

Reactions: DukeofStratford

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
OuT is leaving 1 year early. How is it that B12 was owed 2 years of exit fees but 1 year GoRs?

I will try to answer my own question. Is the exit fee 35M per school, even if they waited out the whole contract?

The exit fee is 2 years no matter when you leave. Thats just where it was set. If you leave now, or 10 years from now, its 2 years conf distrib as the exit fee.

PickSix

Aug 25, 2013
BY press conference today... lmao at Randy's question at the end. Brett put him in his place. LOL Randy is a weirdo for a reporter. Other than Randy, some good questions.

This was great. I thought that he projected strength in how he brought up expansion first rather than waiting to be asked about it. I felt like was talking directly to the PAC schools in his comments about being the only conference with both ESPN and FOX as partners, and the exposure that provides.

I also thought his comments (twice) about holding conference tournaments in Vegas was a top notch troll job at the PAC.

Definitely proud to have BY leading the charge for us.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
This was great. I thought that he projected strength in how he brought up expansion first rather than waiting to be asked about it. I felt like was talking directly to the PAC schools in his comments about being the only conference with both ESPN and FOX as partners, and the exposure that provides.

I also thought his comments (twice) about holding conference tournaments in Vegas was a top notch troll job at the PAC.

Definitely proud to have BY leading the charge for us.

Quite the contrast to “we’re going shopping in the Big 12” as your conference burns to the ground.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Buy a ticket then. I don't understand why in this day and age that they even give newspaper reporters a press pass to get in at all.

I mean, there are things that a reporter can get from being up close that you can't get from being far away at times. Especially if some of the players are talking some **** to each other. But the value is low. And knowing what seats even some of the bigger ISU donors get at the big 12 tourney (not great, and often worse than these honestly), I have a hard time feeling much sympathy for him here.

• Agree
Reactions: Gorm and cstrunk

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I mean, there are things that a reporter can get from being up close that you can't get from being far away at times. Especially if some of the players are talking some **** to each other. But the value is low. And knowing what seats even some of the bigger ISU donors get at the big 12 tourney (not great, and often worse than these honestly), I have a hard time feeling much sympathy for him here.

If a tree falls in the forest, will more people hear that than read Randy's column? If it's that important, have the DMR pony up and buy him courtside seats. Expecting to get courtside seats because you'll promote the event in a newspaper column is a remnant of a dying age.