Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Someone should go to the Utah board and ask them why they hate the Big 12 so much and think they're above the association.
Reading their fans comments in the Athletic lead me to think that many of them believe that they have a decent shot of getting into the B10. The reason that they have a better program than UCLA, are on a roll in the conference, and they do not want to be in a conference with BYU.

I would say it's nothing but dreaming, but quite a few in the past have been making those comments.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
that statement makes no sense, dennis.

who is Ray Anderson? is the the AD? he "told Arizona Sports"?
Yes he is the ASU AD. Appears this is what Arizona Sports is:

Reactions: FerShizzle

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Reading their fans comments in the Athletic lead me to think that many of them believe that they have a decent shot of getting into the B10. The reason that they have a better program than UCLA, are on a roll in the conference, and they do not want to be in a conference with BYU.

I would say it's nothing but dreaming, but quite a few in the past have been making those comments.

Utah should've had one of the biggest names in college football across town to ride the coattails of. Just bad planning on their part.

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
Apparently Wilner said he thinks high 20s, majority streaming still keeps the PAC 12 together on Utah radio tonight. Says he’s been skeptical all along that they’d ever get to a number that matches the Big 12, given they aren’t even matching us now.

Said he imagines it’s got to be more than a couple million dollar difference per to make the jump worthwhile for schools to jump (alluding to travel costs offsetting the surplus there to a degree).

Last edited:

hiltonisheaven

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Sure doesn't have a Joe Namath calling his shot feel...
Listening to that interview with Ray Anderson reminds me of Jamie Pollard’s interviews when the Big 12 was nearly falling apart. Jamie was full of emotion and frustration at that time. Can tell Ray is worried and frustrated. Imagine if the Pac hadn’t shunned a merger with the B12 last year, would be in a much better place today.

Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Listening to that interview with Ray Anderson reminds me of Jamie Pollard’s interviews when the Big 12 was nearly falling apart. Jamie was full of emotion and frustration at that time. Can tell Ray is worried and frustrated. Imagine if the Pac hadn’t shunned a merger with the B12 last year, would be in a much better place today.
It was the Big 12 that shot down the Pac 12 merger, not the other way around. But I agree with everything else you said.

• Agree
Reactions: hlb76 and Acylum

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
Apparently Wilner said he thinks high 20s, majority streaming still keeps the PAC 12 together on Utah radio tonight. Says he’s been skeptical all along that they’d ever get to a number that matches the Big 12, given they aren’t even matching us now.

Said he imagines it’s got to be more than a couple million dollar difference per to make the jump worthwhile for schools to jump (alluding to travel costs offsetting the surplus there to a degree).

Wilner says lots of things. Lots of wrong things to be specific.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
It was the Big 12 that shot down the Pac 12 merger, not the other way around. But I agree with everything else you said.
The big 12 walked away from negotiations first, but I am highly skeptical that merger ever would have happened. Neither league was keen on the idea.

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
Wilner says lots of things. Lots of wrong things to be specific.
I don’t disagree, but here is a respected PAC 12 journalist openly saying he doesn’t think they’re going to be able to reach matching numbers with the Big 12. Forgive me if I’ve missed it, but have any other Pac 12 journalists been openly admitting/saying this? His tone and view of things have certainly changed.

Combine that with all of the noise over the last week or two from presidents and ADs within their conference, I’d say it’s a confirmation that dire times are near. Maybe we can all sense that from our perspective on the outside looking in, but I think we’re finally starting to see them recognize it from the inside looking out.

Reactions: Yellow Snow

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
I enjoyed listening to this podcast. It's Pac 12 guys, but unlike Wilner and Canzano, these guys are pretty objective and they acknowledge the PAC is on very thin ice.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
When on a sinking ship, the survivors are the ones who leave the ship in a lifeboat. Arizona schools would be foolish to stay. They will be the first to acknowledge the PAC 12 is pretty much toast. Then Colorado and Utah will see the writing on the wall. Eventually reality sets in.

Reactions: CoKane

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
When on a sinking ship, the survivors are the ones who leave the ship in a lifeboat. Arizona schools would be foolish to stay. They will be the first to acknowledge the PAC 12 is pretty much toast. Then Colorado and Utah will see the writing on the wall. Eventually reality sets in.

Which is why it's time for the Big12 to pounce. It seems based on interviews that the schools have been told very specifically what the contract on the table is. So now, you just go in a say that you have this deal that will pay you more and give you better exposure. Maybe schools like Washington or Oregon or even Utah will pass thinking there might be something better waiting. But schools like Arizona and ASU don't have even hints at a better solution. It's all downhill from here for them. So if it's a matter of when and not if, the Big12 needs to get aggressive and let them know the offer may not be available later if other schools jump first.

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
We will see how good BY is at herding cats. Just hope end result is beneficial to ISU.