Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
This Ion deal seems like an even worse option than full streaming with Apple or Amazon. Is there any way for most users to get this without plugging in an antenna? I already know it will be hard to get me to flip from YTTV to a different app to find a game, but if I need to plug in an antenna to get a game that game may as well not even be played.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
FSU destabilizing the ACC?
Got to find some way to get out of their crap contract. If they wait til 2036 they will be a billion dollars behind Florida and all the other SEC teams. Doing nothing is accepting defeat. Ironclad GoR maybe, but no reason not to try. AFAIK, OuT didn't pay anything significant for their 1 year of media rights for leaving early.

I said ages ago, the way to break the GoR for the ACC was to have 8 teams bail, and vote to disband. It would not be hard to see the B1G, SEC, and Big12 taking at least that many. Now, that does require a lot of cooperation (collusion?) but it is certainly possible. If ACC disbands, then ND's promise to only join the ACC is a non-issue.

Maybe the future is now.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
This Ion deal seems like an even worse option than full streaming with Apple or Amazon. Is there any way for most users to get this without plugging in an antenna? I already know it will be hard to get me to flip from YTTV to a different app to find a game, but if I need to plug in an antenna to get a game that game may as well not even be played.
It’s on YTTV already.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006

Do we know that a full streaming deal is available? I thought we heard that Apple only wanted one game a week. So that may be their tier 1 with ION showing the remaining games?

Clonedogg

Sep 4, 2009
CR, IA
biblehub.com
What if this was done in conjunction with Apple or Amazon, Apple could sell games to ION to dual broadcast games. That could solve some of the issues with streaming only options?

But ya it sounds hilarious, we are laughing.

Reactions: FriendlySpartan

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Awww, is Wilner getting a little humbled now?
To be fair Wilner has been blinded by his homerism, but came around to reality.

Canzano has been a propagandist just making up delusional crap.

Mandel just moved his goalposts when he was proven to be completely wrong:
“No big 12 team brings any value to the PAC. No way they should poach any Big 12 leftovers,” became “Like I’ve been saying all along, both the Big 12 and PAC are in deep trouble because of the gap between them and the SEC and Big 10.”

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
I’m convinced Canzano has been throwing his crap out there to get Big 12 fans to click. I bet his blog’s traffic and follows have tripled since the PAC-12 realignment stuff started.

Wilner has sources within the PAC, but I’m not sure how good they are. He did break the USCLA departure. But he also reported Campbell to USC was done deal, when in reality they were locking up Riley. I’ve noticed he’s been off slightly on details in other reports too. I think he probably has mid-level or only a couple sources within the conference, so his info is not rock solid.

Mandel has been proven wrong over time and he knows it (even if he won’t admit it). I’ve noticed he’s posted a lot less about realignment than before recently. I think that is pretty telling.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
It’s on YTTV already.
Wow, that just happened a month ago and I didn’t even know it. YTTV is pretty good about letting me know what channels they’re dropping (bye bye, MLB Network) but less good about keeping me informed on what they’re adding.

Now, the PAC can really capitalize on that football-starved audience in the age 70+ demographic that watches Blue Bloods and Law & Order:SVU marathons in between the commercials for home catheters, reverse mortgages, and Life Alert.

• Haha
Reactions: CYDJ and Acylum

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron