Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
If the Big 10 is going to 16. The $EC is going to 16. We need to be the 3rd to 16.

That means we need 4/6 more.

I would want UT, CO, OR, and WA. Going to 20 you add thee two AZ schools.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
The writers who are saying the Big 12 should grab the Pac 12 leftovers are the same ones who said the AAC should grab the Big 12 leftovers. So I'm not sure what to believe. Seems like the Pac 12 with Oregon is strong enough to stay viable, and they may try to poach some Big 12 schools.

Big 12 vs AAC -> Big 12 was the bigger brand and had bigger schools. The poaching by the AAC only made sense if the Big 12 collapsed, otherwise the Big 12 had more power.

Big 12 vs PAC (without USC and UCLA) -> Again the Big 12 is currently the bigger brand and has more power vs a PAC without UCLA and USC. Big 12 already has better media rights and revenue vs the PAC and also has more exposure. While Oregon and Wash would be more elite than any current Big 12 school, the remainders would be peers with lower revenue and tv exposure.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
If the Big 10 is going to 16. The $EC is going to 16. We need to be the 3rd to 16.

That means we need 4/6 more.

I would want UT, CO, OR, and WA. Going to 20 you add thee two AZ schools.
How does adding those 6 teams take us to 20?

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
Why did it end poorly? Because there were other options on the table for the dissatisfied teams. When there’s two super conferences there aren’t options. The Nebraska’s of these conferences won’t be in a position to jump ship without taking a revenue hit, because even the lowest portion of P2 revenue will be higher than the lower conferences’ revenue, naturally.
Again I know that’s a reality the Big12 lived through but it has never once been talked about in the big ten or SEC. Who knows 10-15 years from now. If you would have told me in 2007 that USC and UCLA would be in the big ten I wouldn’t have believed you. But right now their is no indication from anyone that there would be a permanent uneven revenue share.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
BIG gives the PAC a chance to survive if they only take the 2 right now. PAC has alot of history and I'm sure BIG respects that to a degree.

Reading alot of the PAC boards, there aren't many clamoring to join the B12. That includes the mountain schools. Their choices are join the BIG or make the PAC works still somehow by adding a couple schools.
You can’t just join the Big 10 - that’s my point.

If the Big 10 really wants all 4 of USC, UCLA, OU, and UW then why just announce 2?

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I don't believe conferences will go to an unequal revenue model. I believe big names will end up leaving conferences to form their own type league to maximize their return on their brand name.

Maybe the cream of the SEC and B1G split off to P1 rapture, and the left behinds fall to earth with the other leftover leagues.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
It will either be unequal or the Purdues and Mississippi States will get booted out. The way it’s all about money makes those the only two realistic endgames.
Michigan State would get booted too. There’s a much better school in Ann Arbor.

Funny the Spartan dude needs to watch his tongue because when that shoe drops, they ain’t gonna like it.

Also **** Michigan State

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
I will welcome Colorado back, but part of me wants to see them suck it.
This is all just dumb. its like corporations just buying up each other and getting more money. Greed kills.

Does suck to know Iowa is just trotting along because they are part of the league. they will be pulling 50-100M per year making it harder and harder to compete with. Pretty sure we could bring back baseball if we had an extra 50M per year.

I do feel like we are going to get forced out and when the power leagues are created, some things won't make sense. Like why is Washington not in it and Vandy is type of thing.

Logical thing is ASU, UA, CO and Utah.

But wow, does that put the remaining 6 Pac teams in a bind. Stan, Cal, Oregon and Wash will end up in the BIG is my guess. WSU and OSU will get punted.
I don’t understand the CO hate. They never felt like they belonged in the Big 8, and that predates 1950.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron