• 5-7

• 6-6

• 7-5

• 8-4

• 9+ wins

Results are only viewable after voting.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I'm not sure what to think about the scheme. Trying to play to our strengths with TE and limited WR, but I'd like to see more play action and more creative route trees.

At the same time, Noel is better than he played today. Higgins has shown some good stuff. My hope is they make today a one-off and keep improving. We'll see.

I think Samas is going to get some traction and the play action etc. will be there.

Reactions: LincolnSwinger

Raiders70

Nov 18, 2015
I can’t believe you guys. We knew it would be a close, low scoring game - a defensive struggle. Iowa has one of the top defenses in the nation, and we have a very young, inexperienced offense. What did you expect?

Meanwhile, our defense looked good, but Iowa’s offense is meh. The best I can say for the Clones is that we’ll get better as the season goes along (offensive line willing).
Who do you think we are better than in the Big 12?.Yeah we will probably find a win or two in conference but to be honest I wouldn't be shocked if we lose next week. This program has fallen off the cliff quickly and unexpectedly. I would expect better 4th quarter game/clock management from a middle school coaching staff. Fans concerns are not unreasonable at this point.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
If he only wins 4 again he's in real trouble. How do you even sell ISU to recruits? There is more excitement with KU football than ISU right now honestly.
Campbell had a real shot after 2020 and 2021 to really make this program jump to a whole other level, but honestly failed to do that. This program should have became stronger after those teams. It really does feel we are almost going backwards.

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008
4-8. We are bad and not very talented anywhere on offense,

That puts an extreme amount of pressure on the defense and ST. And NFL teams struggle to win that way against good teams.

Ohio - W

That's the only for sure win I see.

BYU, West Virginia, Okie State are 50-50.

After that? We'd have to be able to score probably 24+ to win and I've seen very very little to suggest we're capable of that unless the defense is going to pull an Iowa and score a TD almost weekly
Agree

Our lack of offensive talent also puts a lot of pressure on play-calling.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Defense is strong enough to be competitive in nearly every game. Offensively, team will get better as the year progresses as there is a lot of youth in skilled positions

5-7 seems very reasonable, but they could be anywhere from a 4 to 7 win team with that defense.

quasistellar

Feb 29, 2016
Defense is strong enough to be competitive in nearly every game. Offensively, team will get better as the year progresses as there is a lot of youth in skilled positions

5-7 seems very reasonable, but they could be anywhere from a 4 to 7 win team with that defense.

Unless Kohl progresses quickly to starter and becomes some kind of superman making ridiculous throws, 4 is the ceiling again imo. Our offense won't score enough points to win games in the big 12.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
We will not see a defense as good as Iowa’s until the last two weeks. I think the offense will continue to improve I’m a little more concerned about the defense and how it reacts to a decent offense (which ISU has yet to face).

I think we have a kicker that can make FGs. Our punter is blasting the ball. And at least we’re trying to return punts.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Unless Kohl progresses quickly to starter and becomes some kind of superman making ridiculous throws, 4 is the ceiling again imo. Our offense won't score enough points to win games in the big 12.
This is why I usually stay away from this site following a loss. Many people don’t look at the big picture. Let me help

Freshman QB, freshman RB, freshman TE, underclassmen at WR (mostly). These skilled positions will get better as the season progresses as they are quite young. They faced a TOP 5 defense yesterday. Of course they wouldn’t look explosive.

Have you seen some of the other defenses in the big 12? The offense will be able to move the ball much easier in conference play.

4 wins is definitely not their ceiling. But I guess some people only see doom and gloom after a loss

quasistellar

Feb 29, 2016
This is why I usually stay away from this site following a loss. Many people don’t look at the big picture. Let me help

Freshman QB, freshman RB, freshman TE, underclassmen at WR (mostly). These skilled positions will get better as the season progresses as they are quite young. They faced a TOP 5 defense yesterday. Of course they wouldn’t look explosive.

Have you seen some of the other defenses in the big 12? The offense will be able to move the ball much easier in conference play.

4 wins is definitely not their ceiling. But I guess some people only see doom and gloom after a loss

How did that work out last year?

• Dumb
  • Angry
Reactions: Cyhig and joefrog

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
We make excuses that we don't have the horses at WR. How can you tell if you don't throw the ball over 10 yds. The threat of going deep helps run medium and longer routes. Our players have more talent than our coaches.
We have seen longer routes but no one ever gets separation. We sold our ticket yesterday because that was what I expected and we didn’t want to deal with the circus so not as sure about yesterday. We have seen plenty of opportunities for the WRs to get separation and they don’t.
How did that work out last year?
Last year we lost our run game in the Kansas game and the entire offense struggled the rest of the year. We forced to much responsibility on a freshmen? QB with questionable decision making. Our offense looks significantly better this year than it did the majority of last year. It isn’t good but it isn’t one of the worst in the country.

My prediction is anywhere from 5-7 wins.

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021

The amount of meltdowns yesterday would send a kindergarten teacher running. People need to relax

cyclo120

Apr 11, 2006
I am stunned how casual people are talking about this game at Ohio, saying it’s a get right game etc. we really need it and should win it but feel it’s going to be an absolute grind.

Reactions: SolterraCyclone

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Campbell had a real shot after 2020 and 2021 to really make this program jump to a whole other level, but honestly failed to do that. This program should have became stronger after those teams. It really does feel we are almost going backwards.
That's because we are going backwards.

We're trying to do the same things we did before that required NFL caliber talent to achieve.

We no longer have NFL caliber talent.

Obviously we are going backwards.

• Dumb
Reactions: rochclone

statsaholic

May 17, 2006
Sloan, Iowa
Fan sites are fan sites.. you win and things are over the top, you lose and all is lost. Yesterday was an even game. The pick 6 was huge, and effectively turned out to be the difference. Statistically we won most areas but did lose in the margins. I think our offense will get better as we go along and it seems the defense in general is reasonably good. We are 2 games into a season, so not all is lost.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Prior to the season and after last week, I thought six and six was about where we would be at. If things fell our way, possibly seven wins. Now…I’m down to 3-9. This looks eerily like a nightmare season where, like Iowa a year ago, the defense is going to have to win games. Not sure the D is built to do that. Right now I’m just not sure where the third win is going to come from and that assumes we beat Ohio.

quasistellar

Feb 29, 2016
Our offense looks significantly better this year than it did the majority of last year. It isn’t good but it isn’t one of the worst in the country.

Our offense is statistically worse in every catagory than last year so far, which is an incredibly low bar. Could change as the season goes on, but. . .

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Our offense is statistically worse in every catagory than last year so far, which is an incredibly low bar. Could change as the season goes on, but. . .

Not in every category like you claim. Here are the main offensive stats through 2 games for this year vs last year. Keep in mind, this year’s squad is much, much younger at the skilled positions than the 2022 year as well. As you can see, they actually have more points this year than last year and have quite a few fewer turnovers. The 2022 squad was plagued by bad turnovers all season

Points4243
First Downs4730
Rushing Yds305221
Passing Yds477319
Turnovers41
Edited for 2023 first downs

Last edited:
Reactions: aauummm

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
Not in every category like you claim. Here are the main offensive stats through 2 games for this year vs last year. Keep in mind, this year’s squad is much, much younger at the skilled positions than the 2022 year as well. As you can see, they actually have more points this year than last year and have quite a few fewer turnovers. The 2022 squad was plagued by bad turnovers all season

Points4243
First Downs4740
Rushing Yds305221
Passing Yds477319
Turnovers 41
The main point is the offense is garbage.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron