Update on Harrison Barnes

mpc4isu7

Jun 16, 2007
Harrison has not shown any favorites at this point in time regarding where he will be choosing; but continues to receive offers from big schools around the country. However, as some have posted in other threads, Harrison not really OVERWHELMED with the attention and offers he is getting.

Throughout the Harrison Barnes receives offers from Kansas and Texas thread, several have hinted at Harrison becoming overwhelmed and annoyed; Harrison has said it's gotten to be a little more than he expected, however he is thoroughly enjoying the recruiting process and wants to be taking it one step at a time. Which we have all seen.

On a lighter note, there has been speculation within the basketball program that the womens team's recruitment of Ames senior Trisha Nesbitt, currently dating Harrison, could likely increase... Heavily. Trisha's major offers have been from Creighton and Illinois State, if Iowa State offered and she accepted, would that give us an edge over all the other top schools offering Harrison?

The offers will keep coming. Harrison will continue to visit. Harrison has said that he would like to make his decision prior to his senior season, so that could be anytime within the next year. The time will come.

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
Harrison has not shown any favorites at this point in time regarding where he will be choosing; but continues to receive offers from big schools around the country. However, as some have posted in other threads, Harrison not really OVERWHELMED with the attention and offers he is getting.

Throughout the Harrison Barnes receives offers from Kansas and Texas thread, several have hinted at Harrison becoming overwhelmed and annoyed; Harrison has said it's gotten to be a little more than he expected, however he is thoroughly enjoying the recruiting process and wants to be taking it one step at a time. Which we have all seen.

On a lighter note, there has been speculation within the basketball program that the womens team's recruitment of Ames senior Trisha Nesbitt, currently dating Harrison, could likely increase... Heavily. Trisha's major offers have been from Creighton and Illinois State, if Iowa State offered and she accepted, would that give us an edge over all the other top schools offering Harrison?

The offers will keep coming. Harrison will continue to visit. Harrison has said that he would like to make his decision prior to his senior season, so that could be anytime within the next year. The time will come.
Thanks....maybe we should pay the girlfriend under the table....:wink:

tamjam

Apr 18, 2008
Pants-free Avenue
Frankly, if I was a top basketball recruit and getting offers to go to schools all over, I wouldn't really care that much about my high school girlfriend. I would just assume that I would be able to pull in all the tail I wanted being a star b-ball player. Just one guys thoughts.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
I really hope we are not getting our hopes up based on a high school relationship. How many broken hearts did you all have in high school? Those things are volatile, man. I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

Cybone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I really hope we are not getting our hopes up based on a high school relationship. How many broken hearts did you all have in high school? Those things are volatile, man. I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

My high school sweetheart and crushes all went to EIU, so I chose Iowa State.

mpc4isu7

Jun 16, 2007
It may seem a little childish, but all I was mentioning was that there has been serious talk within the basketball departments about such an attempt.

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006

I find this very interest to be hearing two different things...not saying you are wrong. You did strike my curiousity though.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
If I were BF, I would be kind of offended. Unless it was his idea.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
If Bill is recruiting his GF for ANY reason other than to improve the women's program then shame on him.

Besides, what if she commits and they break up prior to signing day?

PS - This thread will get long.

tigershoops31

Apr 13, 2006
Ames
It may seem a little childish, but all I was mentioning was that there has been serious talk within the basketball departments about such an attempt.
The girl has some game too...my team played them last year and she is small but can do whatever she wants on the court (against hs competition of course)...great range, quick, handles it well with both hands, and great court vision.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
If Bill is recruiting his GF for ANY reason other than to improve the women's program then shame on him.

Right.

And what we know of BF, if ISU is recruiting this gal, it's for good reason.

If our program is hang the hopes on getting a kid's commitment on where is girlfriend ends up, we ma as well can the entire staff now and start over. Because we made a bad hire.

And I'd say there's about zero chance the staff is doing that.

RyCy04

Sep 26, 2007
Omaha, NE
While I am wanting success for our men's basketball, the women's team should not be compromised for it. ISU will see success in women's basketball far before the men. If she is a legitimate fit for Fennelly's team, great, go for her.

mpc4isu7

Jun 16, 2007
In attempt to end the disapproval of Fennelly doing such a thing if it was just to benefit the men's program:

Fennelly is an outstanding coach who wouldn't do such a thing if it wasn't going to benefit his team as well. Nesbitt is an extremely talented point guard, maybe a little undersized, but at the same time has offers from numerous D1 schools, including Creighton. In conclusion, from what I've been told, Fennelly would never do such a thing unless it was guaranteed it would land Harrison, as it would benefit the women's team as well.

Last edited:

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
Don't take GF too serious...It could happen...It may not...They joke around about serious stuff all the time...they're professionals.