UPDATE: Heacock staying at Iowa State per report

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
You were on premium but never posted in it?

I have never been on premium, so just curious - is it a requirement to post on certain message boards? Is there a reason why someone would have to?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I have never been on premium, so just curious - is it a requirement to post on certain message boards? Is there a reason why someone would have to?
No but you would assume paying for premium and having a username for almost a decade, you'd probably post atleast once in premium or more than once on the regular board outside of the last week.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
My guess is due to Freeman and Heacock going back a long ways, Heacock went and listened to Freeman's pitch out of respect for his friend, and decided he didn't want to leave.

I would bet he actually interviewed.

• Winner
Reactions: heitclone

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
My guess is due to Freeman and Heacock going back a long ways, Heacock went and listened to Freeman's pitch out of respect for his friend, and decided he didn't want to leave.

exactly. Someone on a ND board claimed they couldn’t agree on Heacock bringing his own staff but I find that hard to believe. The admin on the ND board basically said Heacock is happy here and didn’t want to leave.

Reactions: Dormeezy

danielyp29

Jan 3, 2011
Ames

I initially chuckled at the "going back a long ways" comment with Freeman being so young, but then found out Freeman was a LB coach under Heacock at Kent State for his first non-GA coaching role and was on the Purdue defensive staff together, in addition to the mutual connection to Jim Tressel with both Heacock and Freeman.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I initially chuckled at the "going back a long ways" comment with Freeman being so young, but then found out Freeman was a LB coach under Heacock at Kent State for his first non-GA coaching role and was on the Purdue defensive staff together, in addition to the mutual connection to Jim Tressel with both Heacock and Freeman.

Yeah, Freeman is young, but he’s been coaching for over a decade. From what I gather he views Heacock as somewhat of a mentor.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron