UPDATE: Heacock staying at Iowa State per report

Spam

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 21, 2008
Could Heacock be a guy like Doc Sadler who wants to help young, new head coaches get things rolling? Maybe he sees this as a way to give another ISU asst a shot at DC while helping a new HC at ND succeed?

Or it could be a chance to be at the most storied program in all of college football while making twice the money.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Personally, I’d be more upset to see Veidt leave for a DC job than Heacock leave for ND. Veidt has been the next guy up since he got here and I wouldn’t mind some new ideas. Maybe get a little less predictable and a little more aggressive.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
If Heacock gets offered the ND job in all honesty he'd be nuts not to take it. Storied program and probably much better pay than what ISU could offer plus the chance to coach elite recruits. With all the success this staff has had it's only a matter of time until some assistants start to get offers better than what ISU can match financially.

As for Campbell and Vikings I honestly don't think his dream is to coach in the NFL and everything he has said and done up to this point has backed that up. Pretty sure the reason he was at the Bears/Vikings game was to watch Montgomery and Kene play and not to lobby for a NFL job so someone is probably reading too much into that. He may of had a chance to jump ship to USC this offseason and did not make a move. I think what drives him is developing young men and building a program and the college game and ISU is the perfect spot for him to accomplish that. This interview pretty much confirmed that:

Help Support Us

Become a patron