UFC 165 Jones vs. Gustaffson

howellc33

Mar 18, 2012
Britt, IA
Did anyone else just see that? Fight of the year IMO, but I think Gustaffson got robbed. Maybe it's because I hate Jon Jones so much, but I thought the challenger won the first three rounds...

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Yeah just finished watching it. Great fight! Jones definitely took the last 2, Gustaffson got worn out. Put up a hell of a fight, he probably took 1st and maybe 2nd or 3rd. If he would have stayed in it, he would have won.

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
Did anyone else just see that? Fight of the year IMO, but I think Gustaffson got robbed. Maybe it's because I hate Jon Jones so much, but I thought the challenger won the first three rounds...

First off it is Gustafsson. Anyway I agree great fight and Gustafsson got robbed. Bones showed he can't really take a punch. Gusty has some quick hands but doesn't land with near the power of Glover.

I want to see Tyrone Spong in the UFC. I think T Spong is best 205 lbs striker in the world

howellc33

Mar 18, 2012
Britt, IA
First off it is Gustafsson. Anyway I agree great fight and Gustafsson got robbed. Bones showed he can't really take a punch. Gusty has some quick hands but doesn't land with near the power of Glover.

I want to see Tyrone Spong in the UFC. I think T Spong is best 205 lbs striker in the world

As for my spelling-sorry. As for Spong I agree. Glover will smash Jones. Less of a reach and less of a kick boxer than Gustafsson, but Glover has more power better technical boxing than Gusty. I don't think Glover is worried in the least about Jones seeing the post-fight interview.

howellc33

Mar 18, 2012
Britt, IA
I had Bones Jones winning 3 rounds to 2 but a lot of the rounds were close.

The judge who had Bones winning 4-1 is on crack

I will admit I'm biased based on my dislike of the champ, but I thought Alexander pushed the action in the first three and landed more shots. Jones landed the harder shots, but Alexander outscored Jones with his boxing.Jones won the last two rounds for sure, but I'd like to think it was because Gusty was fatigued after peppering Jones' face for three rounds.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
I only watched the last 2 rounds, but from what I've read, most analysts had Jones losing.

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm

Why do you hate Jon Jones? He has ISU connections. He was all set to come to ISU to wrestle, but chose UFC instead (I think it was a pretty nice choice).

howellc33

Mar 18, 2012
Britt, IA
Why do you hate Jon Jones? He has ISU connections. He was all set to come to ISU to wrestle, but chose UFC instead (I think it was a pretty nice choice).

I don't care if he had the opportunity to come to ISU thats not the point. He's arrogant as h*ll. Bones Jones is talented don't get me wrong and before tonight he's walked through everyone he's fought.. But it's his dewshy attitude and swagger that makes me hate him.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I don't care if he had the opportunity to come to ISU thats not the point. He's arrogant as h*ll. Bones Jones is talented don't get me wrong and before tonight he's walked through everyone he's fought.. But it's his dewshy attitude and swagger that makes me hate him.

I'd have the same attitude if no one could beat me. I love it when people hate professional fighters because they are cocky. When someone beats Bones, then maybe you have a point. You can say what you want about this fight but the last two rounds aren't questionable and if you win the last two rounds of a fight, you will win the fight.

stevefrench

Aug 7, 2011
There needs to be a rematch of this fight. the scoring was a little bit questionable and I want these guys to go till somebody gets TKO'd.

The last two rounds were incredible

stevefrench

Aug 7, 2011
howell if you hate dudes that are cocky then by that standard you should probably dislike 90% of professional athletes.

howellc33

Mar 18, 2012
Britt, IA
howell if you hate dudes that are cocky then by that standard you should probably dislike 90% of professional athletes.

He's just a straight up tool. I would rather see a dominant champ that lets his fists do the talking aka Velasquez.

Last edited:

Diggame

Sep 7, 2009
STL
He's just a straight up tool. I would rather see a dominant champ that lets his fists do the talking aka Velasquez.

Wow the hate for Jon Bones jones is funny...so you dislike a cocky guy in fighting?? Arent all fighters cocky to think you can beat someone else up? Up until last night he has walked through the best competition UFC could throw at him. Howell C I bet you are also one of those people who like to count other people's money too

howellc33

Mar 18, 2012
Britt, IA
Wow the hate for Jon Bones jones is funny...so you dislike a cocky guy in fighting?? Arent all fighters cocky to think you can beat someone else up? Up until last night he has walked through the best competition UFC could throw at him. Howell C I bet you are also one of those people who like to count other people's money too

What's really funny is that I started this thread based on my opinions of last night's fight. Now it's about "Aw man why u hatin?" Fact is I can dislike who I want I can have my own opinions. And sorry bud I could care less about how much money people have. I'm more concerned about the money I don't have.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I'm a fan of Jon Jones because he is cocky and backs it up. That being said I had Jones losing the first two rounds the 3rd round going either way and Jones winning the last two. I think winning the Last two rounds in a close fight is to your advantage generally.

howellc33

Mar 18, 2012
Britt, IA
I'm a fan of Jon Jones because he is cocky and backs it up. That being said I had Jones losing the first two rounds the 3rd round going either way and Jones winning the last two. I think winning the Last two rounds in a close fight is to your advantage generally.

I had my butthurt rant and I'm over it..Either way close fight likely would have been controversial either way. It will be interesting when he moves to HW..
View attachment 22022

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Jones just beat Gustaffson via 3rd round knockout. Controlled 1st two rounds and took him down in the 3rd, got his back, and knocked him out. While people don’t like him, he is the GOAT of MMA

CO-Main was awesome as well with Cyborg Vs Nunes. Fight didn’t last a minutes and both women were throwing some major punches. Would not want to fight either.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron