Uconn fan who knows the truth

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I'm rooting for UCONN the rest of the way as well, you guys have a great young coach. He'll be getting the NBA attention Fred has been getting the last few years.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Uconn played and shot great. Really disappointed in the number of FTs and short shots that ISU missed in the first half. Uconn did have very solid interior defense. We are all hoping they can continue the hot shooting and beat MSU.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I don't know who's knob UConn polished to get Buffalo/New York City for its neutral sites as a 7 seed, but they certainly have been taking advantage of that favor.

Uconn

Mar 28, 2014
I'm rooting for UCONN the rest of the way as well, you guys have a great young coach. He'll be getting the NBA attention Fred has been getting the last few years.

I like to think that both guys have a vested interest in continuing each schools legacy and since both have lived the NBA life, they might want to be the next Johnny Orr or Jim Calhoun instead. Here's to hoping both stay for many years.

Thanks

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
It sucks we lost but Uconn was on fire and we were not. Ejim probably played his worst game of the year and we couldn't hit free throws to save our arse. You guys beat us fair and square and I am not mad about it. If we had Niang who knows what would have happened, but if's and buts and candy and nuts don't count for ****. So no excuses. That Daniels guy played out of his mind though. Did he play that way all year UConn?

moforisu

Jun 12, 2006
Kind words and I would agree Niang makes the difference in this game. MSG is a great place to play and UCONN has made it a home away from home. We've had it tough on the road in the tourney.
2000 Michigan St. in Auburn Hills
2005 North Carolina in Charlotte
2012 Kentucky in Louisville
2013 Ohio St. in Dayton
2014 UConn in MSG

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Kind words and I would agree Niang makes the difference in this game. MSG is a great place to play and UCONN has made it a home away from home. We've had it tough on the road in the tourney.
2000 Michigan St. in Auburn Hills
2005 North Carolina in Charlotte
2012 Kentucky in Louisville
2013 Ohio St. in Dayton
2014 UConn in MSG

So, how about getting some early rounds at Hilton? It may not "qualify" based on requirements for seats, media, etc.
How about Wells Fargo Arena?

It will be fun to have us in a Regional or Final someday in the Sprint Center!

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
If we gotta lose, might as well be against the champs (as we have done in the past 3 of 4 tourneys we've been too)

Good luck Sunday and beyond, was a fun game to watch tonight.

3 of the last 5* Not including this year

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Here's to hoping both stay for many years. Thanks

I don't know man - I'll bet Ollie came to love that vagabond lifestyle he lived in the NBA; when they said he played for 11 different NBA franchises, I thought that can't be possible. I looked it up:

Dallas, Orlando, Sacramento, Philadelphia (four different times!), New Jersey, Chicago, Indiana, Milwaukee, both Seattle & Oklahoma City, Cleveland and Minnesota.

I wonder if that's a record?

BrooklynCyclone

Mar 24, 2014
I'm rooting for MSU. UCONN's fans broke Cy's arm

I'm with you. All the props to the UConn squad for rising to the occasion, but in my experience at the game last night, I felt that the Husky fan base was one of the most obnoxious I've had to endure. Obviously there are exceptions (we sold our Elite 8 tickets to one particularly gracious fan), but as a whole, they represented themselves as elitist and SO condescending. Several MSU and UVA fans approached us during the game to say that they were rooting for the Cyclones for that reason alone.

Not to take anything away from the performance of the UConn team, but I'd love to see the fans silenced. Go Green, go White!

Uconn

Mar 28, 2014
I don't know man - I'll bet Ollie came to love that vagabond lifestyle he lived in the NBA; when they said he played for 11 different NBA franchises, I thought that can't be possible. I looked it up:

Dallas, Orlando, Sacramento, Philadelphia (four different times!), New Jersey, Chicago, Indiana, Milwaukee, both Seattle & Oklahoma City, Cleveland and Minnesota.

I wonder if that's a record?

Ollie was one of those guys who managed to stay in NBA much longer than his amount of talent takes others of similar talent. He was well respected by his peers, see Hoiberg's quotes, Kevin Durant quotes, and he was very close with Larry Brown. I think you would be surprised if you knew a little more about him.

Uconn

Mar 28, 2014
I'm with you. All the props to the UConn squad for rising to the occasion, but in my experience at the game last night, I felt that the Husky fan base was one of the most obnoxious I've had to endure. Obviously there are exceptions (we sold our Elite 8 tickets to one particularly gracious fan), but as a whole, they represented themselves as elitist and SO condescending. Several MSU and UVA fans approached us during the game to say that they were rooting for the Cyclones for that reason alone.

Not to take anything away from the performance of the UConn team, but I'd love to see the fans silenced. Go Green, go White!

I try to get a sense of a fan base "as a whole" by visiting sites like this and talking to groups of fans snd not just judge by a few meatballs who run around with the "we have won 3 ttles since 99" rhetoric. Trust me I despise those fans also, but every fan base has obnoxious dbags. I'm sorry your experience was as such, but when Royce White ate us up, I heard the same thing about Cyclone fans and laughed it off. Uconn and Spartyland has some tourney history also.

Glad you found a gracious fan.

Reactions: JP4CY

MrGreg

Oct 18, 2006
Some losses really stick with me when I feel the team should have won. This was not one of those games. UConn controlled the entire game and played outstanding, not much you can do about that. Congrats and good luck the rest of the way!

cdekovic

Mar 25, 2006
Ames
The thought of two or three little twelve teams in the final four sickens me. GO HUSKIES!!!

BrooklynCyclone

Mar 24, 2014
Fair enough...I don't mean to decry the entire fan base, I'm sure you have plenty of class acts. I came down on the train from CT, so I was surrounded by some of the rowdier fans before, during, and after the game. Tough pill to swallow after the loss, but I don't mean to detract from a great performance by your guys.

Reactions: Uconn

Help Support Us

Become a patron