Uconn fan who knows the truth

Psyclone Brian

Apr 11, 2006
42°00'50"N 93°
FG.....Ejim, Kane & Long 12-40
FT......Kane & Hogue 6-15

...and we lose by only 5 ???..

Sorry, I don't see UConn shooting lights out.
Rather us "shooting ourselves" in the foot!
(and that wasn't a pun towards Georges)

Next year I expect Elite-8 without an issue.

Last edited:

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
In my opinion, Niang plays, Iowa State is heading to the Final Four. Our team played amazing, but I watched enough. cyclone basketball to see a team that was getting better and more confident every game. It's a shame, but as a husky fan, I can't be too unhappy. The stars aligned with him injured and MSG being the venue. I don't think it is an excuse, but even though we'll never know, the Big 12 champ was a team I saw that could handle a team beaten by SMU twice and Louisville 3 times.

I am a big fan of Cyclone hoops, the mayor and of course, dating myself, Jeff Hornacek.

Root for us to beat the Spartans as our programs, basketball and football have a lot in common.

Congrats on a great season.

Thanks. I'm not sure it mattered that Niang was out, to be honest. He probably would've just taken shots from our guy that went 15-19. Good luck!

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I try to get a sense of a fan base "as a whole" by visiting sites like this and talking to groups of fans snd not just judge by a few meatballs who run around with the "we have won 3 ttles since 99" rhetoric. Trust me I despise those fans also, but every fan base has obnoxious dbags. I'm sorry your experience was as such, but when Royce White ate us up, I heard the same thing about Cyclone fans and laughed it off. Uconn and Spartyland has some tourney history also.

Glad you found a gracious fan.

Uconn, how would you judge us based just on this site compared to others? You seem have been around and don't get caught up in the silliness of the sites.

Also, how much of the worst of what you saw from our fanbase was related to our admittedly over-reaction to Lamb's petty steal and failed windmill dunk at the end of the game?

Or related to our admittedly over-reaction to our mascot getting intentionally pushed over a railing? Of course, we make too much of it, but about all we hear from your fans is that we are idiots for remembering it. One of your fans intentionally pushed our mascot over a railing and he broke his arm in the fall! Is that not a big deal? Would it have been a big deal if it had been Hoiberg?

So, beyond our fixation with those two negative memories, how would you say we shape up?

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
For the love of God UCONN please beat MSU. If 3 Big Ten teams reach the Final Four, Chokeye fans will never shut up about it..despite Iowa losing in the playin game.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
For the love of God UCONN please beat MSU. If 3 Big Ten teams reach the Final Four, Chokeye fans will never shut up about it..despite Iowa losing in the playin game.

Your post is based on the false premise that Chokeye fans will ever shut up . . . period.

For instance, I'm expecting to hear some say that they wouldn't have lost to Michigan like Tennessee did . . . which is ridiculous because they would have folded without the bad call by the refs.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
FG.....Ejim, Kane & Long 12-40
FT......Kane & Hogue 6-15

...and we lose by only 5 ???..

Sorry, I don't see UConn shooting lights out.
Rather us "shooting ourselves" in the foot!
(and that wasn't a pun towards Georges)

Next year I expect Elite-8 without an issue.

Can never expect Elite 8 without an issue. Too many things can happen.
We'll be good enough to make it, but plenty of teams are good enough to get there. Actually doing it is extremely difficult.

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Can never expect Elite 8 without an issue. Too many things can happen.
We'll be good enough to make it, but plenty of teams are good enough to get there. Actually doing it is extremely difficult.

Well UK has made 7 of the last 9 and Florida has made 4 straight.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I have a lot of respect for UConn, hope you win it all. Shabazz is a beast and fun to watch play. Congrats on today!

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
In my opinion, Niang plays, Iowa State is heading to the Final Four. Our team played amazing, but I watched enough. cyclone basketball to see a team that was getting better and more confident every game. It's a shame, but as a husky fan, I can't be too unhappy. The stars aligned with him injured and MSG being the venue. I don't think it is an excuse, but even though we'll never know, the Big 12 champ was a team I saw that could handle a team beaten by SMU twice and Louisville 3 times.

I am a big fan of Cyclone hoops, the mayor and of course, dating myself, Jeff Hornacek.

Root for us to beat the Spartans as our programs, basketball and football have a lot in common.

Congrats on a great season.

Good stuff and I agree that with Niang we likely win that game. He would have pulled your shot blocker out of the paint and onto the perimeter. Melvin and DeAndre wouldn't have missed so many bunnies due to him guarding the rim. Oh well that's just how it works sometime.

Congrats on the Final 4, I'm rooting for you guys.

Help Support Us

Become a patron