Typical Tavern Hawk

Status
Not open for further replies.

blando

Mar 29, 2006
Just another Iowa fan that never went to school there. So typical.

On Iowa

From the article, I'd say any fan base would be lucky to have him. I don't see the correlation between having attended a school and being a fan of that school. Tell the numerous fans that support Iowa State that never attended Iowa State that it's "so typical".

When the football program turns around, and the media attention attracts new fans, we should develop a system to make sure no "non-Iowa State attendees" are let in to our little club.:jimlad:

Reactions: BvK1126

BvK1126

Apr 12, 2007
Denver, CO

On Iowa
Yeah, the guy sounds like a real jerk... or not! :eek: Seriously, did you even bother to read this article past the first few paragraphs? The guy's a cancer patient who's also a well-respected football coach, a man of strong personal faith, and heavily involved in charity work. And you're denigrating his character because he roots for the athletic teams of a school that he didn't attend? :confused: That pretty much tells me everything I need to know about your character, CyPride.

Haven't we beaten this issue to death already? Since when has it been a requirement that you can't root for a team unless you go (or went) to school there? Do you realize how many of our fellow Cyclone fans on this message board that you are essentially calling illegitimate by propagating these criticisms? Pathetic.

Reactions: blando

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa

On Iowa

I seriously hope you simply forgot the sarcasm pirate. I may be hard on non-attenders at times, but this guy sounds like a great person and I would be proud to even attend an Iowa game alongside him. I wish him the best.

BCforISU

Feb 17, 2008
Madison, WI
This is a realy cool story and I hope no one will make any comments that say any different. I really respect a fan whether he went to the school or not, I know you were joking, but no bad thoughts here. I can only hope everyone on this site truly sees the value of a fan like this. I can only hope we have fans like this supporting ISU. All the best to the family involved!

Reactions: BvK1126

BCforISU

Feb 17, 2008
Madison, WI

On Iowa

Sorry, can't stop with this original post, I pray for you if you are actually being serious about your post, wish you would have just said great story regardless what school it pertained to. This is an amazing story that should be commended in every way.:no:

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Yeah, the guy sounds like a real jerk... or not! :eek: Seriously, did you even bother to read this article past the first few paragraphs? The guy's a cancer patient who's also a well-respected football coach, a man of strong personal faith, and heavily involved in charity work. And you're denigrating his character because he roots for the athletic teams of a school that he didn't attend? :confused: That pretty much tells me everything I need to know about your character, CyPride.

Haven't we beaten this issue to death already? Since when has it been a requirement that you can't root for a team unless you go (or went) to school there? Do you realize how many of our fellow Cyclone fans on this message board that you are essentially calling illegitimate by propagating these criticisms? Pathetic.

I would hate to have guys like this that didn't attend ISU be upstanding ISU fans, even during an extended down time, like Iowa football before Hayden.

This is the sort of man we should salute, and his team affiliation really doesn't matter. I'm not seeing any reason to criticize that guy.

If he were the typical Iowa fan, the typical Iowa fan would be a pretty good sort to be around.

CyPride

Oct 12, 2008

On Iowa

Of course this post was said in jest. But think of all the times, on this board, that our fans have taken jabs at Iowa fans about being an Iowa fan, but not actually gone to the University, or taking jabs about Iowa fans being 'Tavern Hawks'. I have always thought it was childish, and just used this article as an example.

cyjack

Apr 4, 2007
Melcher-Dallas
Of course this post was said in jest. But think of all the times, on this board, that our fans have taken jabs at Iowa fans about being an Iowa fan, but not actually gone to the University, or taking jabs about Iowa fans being 'Tavern Hawks'. I have always thought it was childish, and just used this article as an example.
I guess I'm your typical TAVERN CLONE FAN I never attended ISU but have been a fan and supporter of all things ISU .

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
From the article, I'd say any fan base would be lucky to have him. I don't see the correlation between having attended a school and being a fan of that school. Tell the numerous fans that support Iowa State that never attended Iowa State that it's "so typical".

When the football program turns around, and the media attention attracts new fans, we should develop a system to make sure no "non-Iowa State attendees" are let in to our little club.:jimlad:
Yeah you could be rite...isu's fanbase is already one of the smallest in this great country...lets make it smaller by throwing off the wagon any fan that did not attend iowa state...SOUNDS GOOD TO ME....tell me when you want all the non attendees 2 jump!!!

Gig'em Aggies

candg4ever

Oct 29, 2006
Nevada, IA

You did a very poor job of it.:no::sad::no:

GoShow97

Oct 18, 2006
homeless
Sorry, can't stop with this original post, I pray for you if you are actually being serious about your post, wish you would have just said great story regardless what school it pertained to. This is an amazing story that should be commended in every way.:no:
You PRAY for him over one little silly post> and who has issues? :biglaugh:

What else is AMAZING in your world? Sliced bread?

prdhawk

Dec 29, 2008
knoxville
i also dont believe you have to go to a school to be a fan of a team, i have been a hawk fan my whole life, heck i was born there.:biggrin:

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I think it's about time this thread is shut down. In the words of Keith Olberman, "Nothing more can be said here that is either relevant or true." In fact, this is actually probably the case from the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.