Alert: Tune into KXNO @ 6 tonight for an announcement

superfan

Oct 8, 2006
League City, TX
So....wait...

CycloneFanatic wasn't able to spare the cash to cover the Big XII Media days, an event which covers CYCLONE ATHLETICS.

Yet, the money is better spent covering IOWA PREP SPORTS, most of said athletes will NEVER BE CYCLONES and will either be HAWKEYES or go to UNI, or one of the Iowa CC's...

Am I missing something? How is this enhancing CYCLONE Fanatic?

superfan

Oct 8, 2006
League City, TX
Next will be the Hoks...

Pretty much...

Steps to the New Iowa Order:

1.) Give CF and HN same format
2.) Host CF on servers of known enemy of Cyclone Nation, who disses this website and its owners on another board
3.) "Value" the "opinions" of Hawkeye trolls
4.) Ban cyclone fans not cool with censorship, or (2) and (3)
5.) Ignore ISU media days
6.) Cover Iowa HS sports
---------------- Present Day
7.) Merge CF and HN into one "Iowa" centric website
8.) Ban cyclone fans not cool with merger with tavern Hawks.
9.) Merge ISU and Iowa into one "Iowa" school
10.) Annex UNI
11.) Disband Ames campus; burn JTS, Hilton; salt grounds. Hail overlords from Iowa City.
12.) Profit.

"Oceania is at war with Eastasia. Oceana has ALWAYS been at war with Eastasia."

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
So....wait...

CycloneFanatic wasn't able to spare the cash to cover the Big XII Media days, an event which covers CYCLONE ATHLETICS.

Yet, the money is better spent covering IOWA PREP SPORTS, most of said athletes will NEVER BE CYCLONES and will either be HAWKEYES or go to UNI, or one of the Iowa CC's...

This prep site has been in the making for well over a year. I can't and won't get into any more but it has nothing to do with me not going to Dallas. I decided to not go to Dallas so that we could use that money on other things to enhance this FREE website. I really don't think that I need to explain anything else beyond that.

LonoClone

Jun 25, 2008
So....wait...

Here. Here. I don't pay good money for my CF subscription just so the owners can go start some other business venture. I can't wait until they force us to go to this new site and pay even more money to view content. You know it's coming. What do they think they're doing? Why would they want to appeal to the entire state with a High School Sports site, when they could instead just focus on fans of one of the 4 major universities? It just doesn't make any sense. I predict that this new site will become too popular and people will stop being ISU fans and start following the CIML instead. Disgraceful, Chris.

Reactions: ChrisMWilliams

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
superfan said:

You don't think these websites are actually telescreens, do you?

cyman1189

Aug 11, 2008
Akron, OH
i dont understand all the negativity with this thread... some people are acting like Glen Beck and thinking the world is going to end

IAPrepGuy

Apr 30, 2010
Waukee
CF can gain big time from iowaprepfanatic and vice versa. With IPF spanning the state and working with additonal media outlets it can let more folks know about CF and increase both the members and sponsorships. Without the great sponsors of CF and IPF neither could be free for all the fans and they may not even exist. By no means can IPF do anything but help CF.

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
So....wait...

Easy cowboy..
CW just didn't want to waste money going there because you can watch it on the web for free. Why would the kids never be Cyclones? Anyway, the company is just capturing a different market. There are a lot of people very dedicated to HS sports in Iowa, and I think the site could be very popular if it remains free.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
So....wait...

What would this site have gained from Chris getting to Dallas? I could watch the thing on line. It was press conferences. All of that can be redistributed. You know what can't? The CF store, a publisher, the site itself. Try thinking before you post. Besides all of that, you don't pay for this site. In the word's of Heisman candidate Ricki Stanzi :jimlad:, If you don't love it, leave it.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
What would this site have gained from Chris getting to Dallas? I could watch the thing on line. It was press conferences. All of that can be redistributed. You know what can't? The CF store, a publisher, the site itself. Try thinking before you post. Besides all of that, you don't pay for this site. In the word's of Heisman candidate Ricki Stanzi :jimlad:, If you don't love it, leave it.

Thanks Yaman. That was my point by not going. The Big 12 emailed me every single transcript of every single press conference. Iowa State will have its media day on Wednesday, where I will get the exact same information that I would have in Dallas.

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
Then don't go to the site. If you're not interested in high school athletics, I'm not going to put a gun to your head and tell you that you have to spend time on the site. Some people care and are passionate about high school sports. Why hate on them for that?

I'm always surprised by how many people get their panties in a bunch when new things like this come around.

Anyways, congrats on the new venture, Chris. I think there's a lot of potential here, and like you said, there are a lot of people passionate about high school sports, so having a well put together center where people can communicate like they do here will be great. Especially since high school sports are 99% a local deal, so a site dedicated to specifically Iowa high schools is nice for the people who follow.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Pretty much...

Steps to the New Iowa Order:

1.) Give CF and HN same format
2.) Host CF on servers of known enemy of Cyclone Nation, who disses this website and its owners on another board
3.) "Value" the "opinions" of Hawkeye trolls
4.) Ban cyclone fans not cool with censorship, or (2) and (3)
5.) Ignore ISU media days
6.) Cover Iowa HS sports
---------------- Present Day
7.) Merge CF and HN into one "Iowa" centric website
8.) Ban cyclone fans not cool with merger with tavern Hawks.
9.) Merge ISU and Iowa into one "Iowa" school
10.) Annex UNI
11.) Disband Ames campus; burn JTS, Hilton; salt grounds. Hail overlords from Iowa City.
12.) Profit.

Damn you, Superfan. I'm such a sucker for Orwell.

Reactions: ChrisMWilliams

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
Then don't go to the site. If you're not interested in high school athletics, I'm not going to put a gun to your head and tell you that you have to spend time on the site. Some people care and are passionate about high school sports. Why hate on them for that?

Wasn't knocking the site at all. I think it's a good idea and will check it out. I just think there will be a lot of glory dayers comparing careers. But on the flip side I am sure there will be lot's of good coverage and discussion about prep sports. I just hope people can keep in mind that these are teenage high school kids and not pro athletes when discussing the kids and teams.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Wasn't knocking the site at all. I think it's a good idea and will check it out. I just think there will be a lot of glory dayers comparing careers. But on the flip side I am sure there will be lot's of good coverage and discussion about prep sports. I just hope people can keep in mind that these are teenage high school kids and not pro athletes when discussing the kids and teams.

Yeah, I agree. The older they get, the better they were.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron