Trisha Nesbitt headed to Iowa

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona
I thought Nesbitt looked more athletic and a better ball handler than anyone on the Iowa State women's team. That seems like something our girl's miss. We look slower than most teams.

But, obviously Bill knows what he's doing.

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona
We don't need her. I went to the Ankeny vs. Ames Semifinal game. She wasn't evan that good. Yeah she made some shots but not Iowa State type talent maybe Iowa hawkeye talent. I'm glad they skipped over her. We can someone better.

You guys do realize HB probably reads these boards? And you continue to make ridiculous (i.e. idiotic) comments like this?

cyfreddy

Oct 15, 2006
I thought Nesbitt looked more athletic and a better ball handler than anyone on the Iowa State women's team. That seems like something our girl's miss. We look slower than most teams.

But, obviously Bill knows what he's doing.

{quote)I thought Nesbitt looked more athletic and a better ball handler than anyone on the Iowa State women's team. That seems like something our girl's miss. We look slower than most teams.

Exactly, what I thought. She struggled early last night, but then pretty much took over the game and gave Ames a chance to win at the end. I thought she looked pretty quick, and a pretty good ball handler. Not only that imagine what Fennelly could do with a player like that. I do not believe size should matter, as allot of girls are that size or shorter.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Is 5'7" for a women's guard really that short anyway?

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
What Greg said Thursday:
Encountered McDermott at a tailgate party. I asked him if he thought "that great player at Ames High" likely would follow Nesbitt to Iowa City. His answer was an emphatic, "Absolutely not." I then told him I was proud of Fennelly and the ISU athletic department for bypassing Nesbitt as a recruit when she is really nothing special. Greg said Bill would never do a thing like that -- that is woo and waste a scholarship on a women's recruit for the wrong reason.

Your post makes it sound like Greg might agree that she's not a good recruit which I would bet he never said or even implied. You never said that but it comes off that way. Just sayin'.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
My guess is we don't need her. Look at the guards we still have coming back. Aus, Yackley, Mosman, Florzak, Williams, Stuckley, and Rockall.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I thought you had to cover tattoos in HS basketball... Didn't she have a tat on her wrist? Not judging (I have tats) just curious.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
I don't

You act like freshmen are never the best players in a conference

No, I doubt that Barnes would be the best player in the Big 10, or the ACC, for that matter. To say a freshman will be the best player in whatever conference he ends up smacks of Kool-Aid drinking. Maybe people should let him graduate first.

Judging by the man crush you folks have for him, I thought the kid was a senior.

cyingreen

Nov 13, 2006
Jasper County
I don't have any idea why BF passed on Ms. Nesbitt. She seemed to be the most athletic player on the court. Good speed and good ball handling, something missing from a lot of our present players. I doubt if it's the height thing as Bill had no problem recruiting the little cutie from Ankeny a few years back (my memory fails me). And as has been mentioned, Ms Nesbitt put her team on her back and carried them to contention, just like the little cutie from Ankeny did. I'm guessing that her not being recruited by ISU was a simple case of numbers: too many guards in the system or on the way. Good luck, Ms. Nesbitt.

ISU_REV

Apr 21, 2006
I don't have any idea why BF passed on Ms. Nesbitt. She seemed to be the most athletic player on the court. Good speed and good ball handling, something missing from a lot of our present players. I doubt if it's the height thing as Bill had no problem recruiting the little cutie from Ankeny a few years back (my memory fails me). And as has been mentioned, Ms Nesbitt put her team on her back and carried them to contention, just like the little cutie from Ankeny did. I'm guessing that her not being recruited by ISU was a simple case of numbers: too many guards in the system or on the way. Good luck, Ms. Nesbitt.

Erica Junod maybe?