Tour Pro's Call Out Mickelson for Cheating

jamesfnb

Apr 9, 2006
Mizuno makes the best irons in golf. They just don't pay the big dollars for big endorsements. Mizuno was the #1 iron on tour for years until the Callaway and Nike's of the world started paying big endorsement dollars to pro's.

Tigers putter is a Scotty Cameron with a Ping grip and he blacks out the "Ping" on the grip with a marker.

I've heard Nike has been going hard after Mizuno to get them to make all their irons and put the swoosh on them but Mizuno isn't interested right now. I'm sure they are afraid of possible negative impacts on the Mizuno brand.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I would bet more than 50% of the players on tour play some variety of mizuno. Alot of them cover logos with tape, some grind them off, some even put fake alrtenate logos. Growing up, my best friend's dad was a tour player sponsored by Nortwestern. Anyone who remembers those clubs knows that no tour player would play them so he had sets of titlest that he used to grind the logos offf.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
I would bet more than 50% of the players on tour play some variety of mizuno. Alot of them cover logos with tape, some grind them off, some even put fake alrtenate logos. Growing up, my best friend's dad was a tour player sponsored by Nortwestern. Anyone who remembers those clubs knows that no tour player would play them so he had sets of titlest that he used to grind the logos offf.

Ha! My dad bought me a set of used Northwestern Johnny Revolta irons when I was in high school. I still have them. Are they worth anything?

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Yah, he definitely uses a Scotty Cameron putter and he had to black out the name on the grip. Why he uses the Sumo driver is beyond me, those are crap.

The name on the grip is blacked out because it is a Ping putter grip like he used growing up and all the way through his amateur days. You can actually but the "blacked" out ping putter grips now.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
I guarantee the one he uses is nothing like the one you or I could buy.

Tiger was supposedly doing some work with Nike on one of their drivers they were coming out with a few years back. He hit 2 different drivers that were exactly identical except for the loft. He finished up hitting both and the techs asked him which one he liked better. He said he liked the heavier one which had the techs scratching their heads since the drivers were identical. They went back and weighed both of the drivers and sure enough.... 1 was exactly a half an ounce heavier then the other. Now that is insane.