Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
Not to mention all the misses at guard in recruiting, lack of recruiting or developing a decent point guard in his entire 14-year tenure, and after that just a blatant misuse of any half decent guards he does get whether it be too much playing time (J-Bo, his kids, now Harding) or too little (Isaiah Moss, Toussaint, Bowen, Perkins to an extent).
I agree with most of your post but not the last part.

Perkins averaged 29.7 and 30.9 minutes the past 2 seasons and started every game. He has received plenty of playing time.

Moss was a 3 year starter at Iowa before transferring.

Bowen just isn't very good and didn't deserve more playing time based on what he showed when he was on the court prior to his injury.

Toussaint I will give you. I really liked Joe and he definitely deserved more minutes.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
If Fran ends up leaving and they missed out on Devries by a few days….ouuuuucchhh.
If that happens and Devries really wants the Iowa job, he will change his mind just like Troy Dannen just did switching from Washington to Nebraska as AD.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Fran is not gonna leave on his own with all the $ still remaining on his contract. But with the embarrassing lack of attendance this season and the implosion of his roster which wasn't very strong to begin with, Beth has a tough decision ahead of her.

Whatever happens, it's looking very much like the Fran era is not gonna end well.
It does not have to end! Let's keep it going! Fran Forever!

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I agree with most of your post but not the last part.

Perkins averaged 29.7 and 30.9 minutes the past 2 seasons and started every game. He has received plenty of playing time.

Moss was a 3 year starter at Iowa before transferring.

Bowen just isn't very good and didn't deserve more playing time based on what he showed when he was on the court prior to his injury.

Toussaint I will give you. I really liked Joe and he definitely deserved more minutes.
Perkins received plenty of playing time now that I go and actually check, yes.

Moss i seem to remember being the primary victim of losing minutes to Connor. He may have started but never averaged 25 mpg in any season of his career while being a much better player than Connor ever was.

You could be right on Bowen, whenever I saw him though he popped for me just with his athleticism and having a gear that not many of his teammates had. I think with both him and Toussaint it seems the issue is they don't/didn't fit in Frans system. I maintain that Fran chased Joe off because he wasn't a knock down 3 point shooter, even though he was his best defensive player. I was surprised Joe stuck it out in Iowa City for 3 years.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Don't you dare go anywhere, Fran! This seems like a surefire news dump waiting to happen on Friday afternoon in IC.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
Ivy League schools don’t give out athletic scholarships I believe. I doubt Fran would be too anxious to pay that tuition.
Correct. No athletic money at the Ivies. Plenty of need based money, though.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Soooo..........is Fran ranked 4th out of 4 D1 men's basketball coaches in the state?
Toss up between him and Ben Jacobson. Jake has been running out of gas for several years now. Fran is in the early stages of doing that.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Was going to put out there that Iowa had tendered a contract extension for 5more years to Fran as an April fool joke, but even I'm not that cruel. Unless it's true???

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron