Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013
They are trying to will into existence the fact that Omaha played with DeVries in high school, that he will transfer to WVU.
Omaha would be foolish to transfer. Regarding pt he is set to be a starter next year on a pre-season top 10 team. He go somewhere else he may be a starter but he would have to learn a new system and would be starting over again. Now there is money of course, but strictly playing time he should just sit tight.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I kind of recall two 4-star guys Fran brought in that didn't exactly raise their profiles a whole lot in their time there.

What were their names again? Mc-something...
Not to mention all the misses at guard in recruiting, lack of recruiting or developing a decent point guard in his entire 14-year tenure, and after that just a blatant misuse of any half decent guards he does get whether it be too much playing time (J-Bo, his kids, now Harding) or too little (Isaiah Moss, Toussaint, Bowen, Perkins to an extent).

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I am still not really sold on Dix as a high contributing high-major player. I know he showed out in February this year for the Hawks, but he feasted on bottom half Big 10 opponents who were also sub 80 KenPom defenses. He has some skill no doubt, but until his little hot streak in the back third of the season, I think there were many who doubted he was a high-major player. I maintain that Creighton could do better unless they are bringing him in as a derpth piece.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Fran is not gonna leave on his own with all the $ still remaining on his contract. But with the embarrassing lack of attendance this season and the implosion of his roster which wasn't very strong to begin with, Beth has a tough decision ahead of her.

Whatever happens, it's looking very much like the Fran era is not gonna end well.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
if i were a senior this year, had good enough grades and basketball ability... i would think transfering to the ivy league for a graduate degree would be a great deal. if not the ivy league, then some other similar institution with low basketball/high education traditions. Standford, Cal, etc.

maybe that is what patrick has in mind.

• Agree
Reactions: Halincandenza

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
I am still not really sold on Dix as a high contributing high-major player. I know he showed out in February this year for the Hawks, but he feasted on bottom half Big 10 opponents who were also sub 80 KenPom defenses. He has some skill no doubt, but until his little hot streak in the back third of the season, I think there were many who doubted he was a high-major player. I maintain that Creighton could do better unless they are bringing him in as a derpth piece.

The only thing I remember about him is not being able to dribble the ball up the court in Hilton.

Last edited:

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
if i were a senior this year, had good enough grades and basketball ability... i would think transfering to the ivy league for a graduate degree would be a great deal. if not the ivy league, then some other similar institution with low basketball/high education traditions. Standford, Cal, etc.

Ivy League schools don’t give out athletic scholarships I believe. I doubt Fran would be too anxious to pay that tuition.

Pharmacy99

Feb 7, 2013
He shot 55% overall and 43% from 3 pts. He is a good player at least offensively

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010

Ivy League by-laws don't allow for grad students to be athletes. If their by-laws won't allow their own athletes to stay for a grad year, why would they allow an incoming 1-year guy

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
Ivy League by-laws don't allow for grad students to be athletes. If their by-laws won't allow their own athletes to stay for a grad year, why would they allow an incoming 1-year guy
sure. i was just using that as an example.

my point still stands. Stanford or Cal or Vandy or G Tech, etc. all look sexy AF on a diploma.

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA
sure. i was just using that as an example.

my point still stands. Stanford or Cal or Vandy or G Tech, etc. all look sexy AF on a diploma.

You still have to have the academic resume to get into grad school at those places and that is not a sure thing. Let alone bring enough on the court to substantiate it.

Reactions: 8bitnes

Help Support Us

Become a patron